This is a fantastic opportunity to shape the future direction of a well-established podcast. Defence and security analysis show SitRep attracts highly placed and sought after guests. It covers a wide-ranging remit from geo-political rows to military news and debate inside the grey zone. You don’t have to have military news experience just super audio programme making skills and an interest in world news. The role is supported by a team of engineers and news editors.
SitRep is a long-established 30 minute analysis programme running on military broadcasters BFBS radio. BFBS has an audience of a million a week on DAB and British bases across the world.
The programme is growing as a podcast to a wider audience and there is huge scope for invention and new ideas.
Key skills and experience
- Ability to generate original program ideas
- Experience in crafting a compelling audio programme
- Experience with podcasts is a plus
- Adept at making the most of audio editing software
- Be able to demonstrate a wide interest in world politics
- A fantastic contacts book or the experience of how to build one
- Commitment to mixing a range of voices and subject matters
- Ability to react to audience data
- Experience at senior level in a national newsroom
The ideal candidate
- Must be a self-starter
- Will have experience of leading a team
- Demonstrate a passion and flair for storytelling
- Have a huge enthusiasm for audio content
- On air experience is useful but not essential
One year. Both full and part-time applicants considered.
Life at BFBS
We strive to be a diverse and inclusive employer, welcoming open-minded, talented and creative people from all kinds of backgrounds, and with different preferences and experiences. What we all have in common is a commitment to trust, quality, innovation and going the extra mile to achieve our mission. It’s a great place to work, with a unique mix of a charity, broadcast and digital creative environment.
As an organisation, we have lived and worked with the military community for over 75 years, and we are incredibly proud of our roots.
Our radio, TV and digital channels boost the morale of the armed forces serving overseas – and their families – keeping them connected with home, while our agile distribution solutions are tailored to each local environment and infrastructure, providing media services wherever the armed forces are overseas.
Across a growing number of platforms, our captivating military storytelling is popular with both the armed forces community and curious civilians. And our creative, training and events services offer award-winning expertise and skills to defence and government.
To apply, please send your C.V and a covering letter telling us why you fit the role and please state your salary expectations too, to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunities employer who actively encourages people from all cultural backgrounds and with disabilities to apply.
Please complete the Equality and Diversity Information Form provided on our website and return it as part of your application.