***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Home-based (preferably in Lincolnshire) working across the Midlands and South Yorkshire
We’re Blind Veterans UK, a charity that helps vision-impaired ex-service people from every generation rebuild their lives regardless of how or when they lost their sight. Founded in 1915, by Sir Arthur Pearson, to help the many veterans losing their sight after the First World War, we have supported those blinded in subsequent wars and military engagements, including the Second World War, and more recently, the conflicts in the Faulklands, Iraq and Afghanistan.
We’re one transformational team that believes every vision-impaired veteran should be able to lead the life they choose.
We are currently seeking a Wellbeing Support Worker to join us on a permanent, full-time basis.
– Salary of £26,737.77 – £28,223.19 per annum, depending on location
– Generous annual leave with the option to buy additional days
– Pension scheme with generous employer contributions
– Healthcare cash plan
– Access to legal services and mental health support
– Employee assistance programme
– Paid professional subscriptions and discounts
– Home working allowance
– Professional and personal development
– Enhanced pay
This is a fantastic opportunity for an organised, proactive and experienced wellbeing support professional to join our dedicated charity.
You’ll discover a passionate and friendly team who are united in our mission to empower vision-impaired ex-service people from all walks of life to regain their independence and live better lives.
We understand our people are paramount to our success, so you’ll be supported in your role with an amazing array of benefits, including homeworking options, a range of discounts and excellent career development opportunities!
So, if you want to embark on a truly rewarding career path where you’ll see lives transformed each day, don’t hesitate, apply today!
As a Wellbeing Support Worker, you will support the planning and delivery of wellbeing, holistic and therapeutic activities to our members based throughout the North East of England.
Alongside your team, you’ll assess the needs of members and produce tailored programmes that respond to those needs, increase safety and develop their independence, enabling our members to lead the life they choose.
You’ll act as the initial point of contact for members, responding to queries and helping them to navigate what support is available while keeping in touch with us.
Additionally, you will:
– Support the delivery of rehabilitation for members
– Maintain links with local organisations
– Proactively provide practical and emotional support and information
– Ensure compliance with safeguarding and risk management policies
This role will involve visiting members in their homes, attending team meetings face to face and some overnight stays.
To be considered as a Wellbeing Support Worker, you will need:
– Demonstrable experience of health promotion and/or activity
– Experience of working with vulnerable people to maximise their wellbeing
– Knowledge of relevant rehabilitative activities for diverse groups
– An understanding of risk assessment process
– Knowledge of, or willingness to undertake, training relating to the field of vision impairment
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Effective organisational and time management skills
– Proficiency in IT, particularly Microsoft Office suite
– A nationally recognised qualification in a field such as health and social care, sports, exercise, recreation, IT, art or similar, and/or relevant experience
The closing date for this role is the 7 August 2023.
Interviews are to be held on 21 August 2023 in Grantham (Lincolnshire).
Other organisations may call this role Rehabilitation Support Worker, Rehabilitation Co-ordinator, Support Worker, Community Support Worker, Outreach Worker, Wellbeing Practitioner, or Recovery Worker.