***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Permanent full time contract, based in Erskine
37 hours per week
Salary: circa £20,000 per annum
Main purpose of job:
To manufacture signs to a high quality standard in accordance with TSRGD regulations or to customer specification. Signage includes road, rail and commercial.
To assist in the training of others in the appropriate manufacturing processes associated with sign making and sign finishing, and associated tasks to the correct standard, whilst maintaining a safe working environment.
To be a pro-active team player, but also working closely with the supervisory team to meet the departmental targets and help to drive the team on with a high attention to detail and leading by example.
Overview of Role & Team:
This position is key in our operational team, with the main function being to produce products to the correct standard and to impart knowledge to others new to the business. The team is overseen by the Operations Manager, who holds overall responsibility for the performance. The team itself is a diverse group of people, but with a common aim.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Work closely with other team members ensuring a safe working environment is maintained at all times.
- Be mindful of others’ limitations in the manufacturing process.
- Construct signs and other associated products by hand or machine, to appropriate specification ensuring that the correct materials are used.
- Keep the work area clean, tidy and free from materials that are not required for the current or next job.
- To assist with other tasks or activities within Manufacturing as requested by the relevant Supervisor, provided that appropriate training and guidance have been given to ensure safe working.
- Liaising with the management team to ensure the timely supply of all materials to meet production deadlines.
- Raising any issues to improve SBMC in terms of Safety, Quality, Customer Satisfaction
- Construct products by hand or machine to specification ensuring that the correct materials are used.
- To comply with Quality Assurance requirements and recording procedures.
- To liaise with supervision to ensure you have the correct equipment for the job.
- Self motivated with good team ethics
- Strong attention to detail, can-do attitude
- Team player
- You may need Personal Protection Equipment, such as safety boots and goggles, which will be provided by SBMC.
- Working in a factory, potentially with dust, noise and mobile equipment.
- To observe factory processes, guidelines and instructions, and become familiar with, and adhere to all Health and Safety requirements, and the Safeguarding policy.
Skills & Experience Required
- Minimum standard of SVQ level 2 in Signmaking.
- Experience in manufacturing temporary and permanent road signs in accordance with TSRGD Regulations.
- Experience in making signs for wider applications such as rail and commercial.
- Ability to work on own initiative and be proactive.
- Willingness to learn, and help others
- Experience of training/mentoring others in sign-making skills
- FLT licence holder
- IT familiarity
- Attention to detail
- Experience of working with the veteran community.
- Experience of working alongside others with disabilities.
RBLI offer a generous holiday allowance, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to email@example.com. RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.
* RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date NO AGENCIES
Closing Date: Friday 14 August 2020