Alistair Halliday, Chief Executive of RFEA – The Forces Employment Charity, has shared the following message to provide an update on their services.
Our mission at RFEA The Forces Employment Charity — to provide life-long and life-changing support, job opportunities and training to help service leavers, veterans, reservists and their families succeed in civilian life — never ceases. Nor does our concern for the health and safety of our clients, employees and their families. As the UK responds to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), RFEA recognises the need to take some extra steps to protect our communities.
While we remain open and “business as usual”, we are taking some measures to do our part as follows:
- Our teams are all equipped with laptops and mobiles and are working remotely so our clients can always count on our personalised employment and support services via Skype, email or phone.
We have suspended all non-essential travel.
- We are working with our charity partners to make sure everybody gets the help they need, but note that grant applications and additional specialist support may take a little longer than usual.
- We will continue to provide professional resources and support through our website and online services. Visit our website to learn more and register for our services.
- We remain fully committed to empowering veterans and military spouses to find success in the civilian world. As always, our team is here to assist you via phone, email and Skype. Our doors remain open and our programmes allow us to continue providing career support to the military community during this challenging period.
- We will continue to closely monitor the situation and make informed decisions in the best interest of our veteran community. We encourage you to follow the latest information from the NHS.
We are committed to your well-being and success and we wish you and your loved ones the very best.