Cobseo, as the Confederation of Service Charities, provides a single point of contact for interaction with Government, including local government and the Devolved Administrations; with the Royal Household; with the Private Sector; and, of course, with other members of the Armed Forces Community. This allows Cobseo members to interact with all interested parties and especially to cooperate and collaborate with others in order to provide the best possible level of support to beneficiaries.
The Stated objectives of Cobseo are to represent, promote and further the interest of the Armed Forces Community by:
- Exchanging and coordinating information internally.
- Identifying issues of common concern and coordinating any necessary and appropriate action.
- Acting as a point of contact for external agencies to the members of Cobseo.
- Representing and supporting the needs and opinions of its member organisations, individually and collectively at central & local government levels and with other national and international agencies.
The Values of Cobseo
It has been agreed that members of the Confederation of Service Charities should share the following values:
- Support – the principle focus of our activities must be to aid our beneficiaries;
- Co-operation – embrace every opportunity to collaborate with others, to enhance the support available to our beneficiaries;
- Innovation – develop new ideas and practices that will add real value to our activities and that have lasting impact on our beneficiaries;
- Integrity – operate to ensure that we are open and honest, always acting in the best interests of our beneficiaries;
- Accountability – ensure that our standards of Governance and procedures are fully compliant with best practice.
- Compliance – guarantee that all our fundraising activities are in line with the current Code of Fundraising Practice, ensuring the good reputation of the Service Charity sector.
Established in 1984, Cobseo became a company limited by guarantee on 7 April 2004 registered with Companies House under No 5098973.
Cobseo Articles of Association
Cobseo Memorandum of Association
Cobseo Regulations 2017
Cobseo Annual accounts 2016