Cobseo, as the Confederation of Service Charities, provides a single point of contact for interaction with Government, including local government and the Devolved Administrations; with the Royal Household; with the Private Sector; and, of course, with other members of the Armed Forces Community. This allows Cobseo Members to interact with all interested parties and especially to cooperate and collaborate with others in order to provide the best possible level of support to beneficiaries.
The stated objectives of Cobseo are to represent, promote, and further the interests of the Armed Forces Community by:
- Exchanging and coordinating information internally.
- Identifying issues of common concern and coordinating any necessary and appropriate action.
- Acting as a point of contact for external agencies to the Members of Cobseo.
- Representing and supporting the needs and opinions of its Member organisations, individually and collectively at central and local government levels and with other national and international agencies.
The values of Cobseo:
It has been agreed that members of the Confederation of Service Charities should share the following values:
- Support – the principle focus of our activities must be to aid our beneficiaries;
- Co-operation – embrace every opportunity to collaborate with others, to enhance the support available to our beneficiaries;
- Innovation – develop new ideas and practices that will add real value to our activities and that have lasting impact on our beneficiaries;
- Integrity – operate to ensure that we are open and honest, always acting in the best interests of our beneficiaries;
- Accountability – ensure that our standards of Governance and procedures are fully compliant with best practice.
- Compliance – guarantee that all our fundraising activities are in line with the current Code of Fundraising Practice, ensuring the good reputation of the Service Charity sector.
- Equality – commit to meeting best practice standards in terms of equality, diversity and inclusiveness; as well as identifying and addressing areas of disadvantage or unfair treatment faced by Serving Personnel, Veterans, and their families.
Established in 1984 and, since 7 April 2004 as a company limited by guarantee, Cobseo is registered with Companies House under No 5098973.
Memorandum of Association: Cobseo Memorandum of Association
Articles of Association: Cobseo Articles of Association
Regulations: Cobseo Regulations
Strategic Framework: Cobseo Strategic Framework
Office Structure: Cobseo organisational chart
Annual Accounts: Report and Financial Statements 2020
Annual Business Plan: Cobseo Business Plan 2021