We are delighted to have been recognised as a Gold-level employer by the Armed Forces Covenant Employer Recognition Scheme. This award recognises the fact that we go the extra mile to support our own employees from military families.
It also acknowledges the work that we have done to support the employment of military families, and particularly spousal employment. The Army Families Federation has played a key role in developing and running the Forces Families Jobs platform, which offers military families the opportunity to find jobs with employers who recognise and understand the challenges of being a Service family.
To find out more about AFF, visit www.aff.org.uk
Notes to Editor:
- The Army Families Federation (AFF) is the independent voice of Army families: regular or reserve, wherever they are based, whatever the make-up of their family.
- Throughout the UK and overseas, AFF works hard to achieve policy change and progress in favour of Army families; AFF offers advice and guidance on all aspects of Army life, confidentially and in an easy-to-digest way.
- AFF works with other agencies such as MOD, government, charities and other key players to strengthen its cause and fight for a fair deal for families everywhere.
- Its family-focussed website (www.aff.org.uk) contains information about all aspects of Army family life, and its Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages offer families other easy ways to contact AFF, or simply follow the work it is doing.
- AFF operates by four core values, which are pivotal to its work. These are:
– AFF always puts families first
– AFF can be trusted
– AFF is bold and determined
– AFF is inclusive