To gather and share evidence of best practice in schools, the Army Families Federation (AFF) wants to hear stories of schools that go the extra mile for service children.
Do you know of a school that runs a great after-school club especially for service children? Or a school that provides service pupils with settling-in packs? Or has a dedicated teaching assistant for service children?
- Schools are being encouraged to nominate themselves via www.aff.org.uk and the best success stories will be shared on its social media channels and in Army&You magazine.
To find out more about AFF, visit www.aff.org.uk
Notes to Editor:
- The Army Families Federation (AFF) is the independent voice of army families: regular or reserve, wherever they are based, whatever the make-up of their family.
- Throughout the UK and overseas, AFF works hard to achieve policy change and progress in favour of army families; AFF offers advice and guidance on all aspects of army life, confidentially and in an easy-to-digest way.
- AFF works with other agencies such as MOD, government, charities and other key players to strengthen its cause and fight for a fair deal for families everywhere.
- Its family-focussed website (www.aff.org.uk) contains information about all aspects of army family life, and its Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages offer families other easy ways to contact AFF, or simply follow the work it is doing.
- AFF operates by four core values, which are pivotal to its work. These are:
– AFF always puts families first
– AFF can be trusted
– AFF is bold and determined
– AFF is inclusive
For more information about AFF’s work, contact Alison Grover, Communications & Marketing Editor, at firstname.lastname@example.org