BFBS, the Forces Station, wants to hear from you if you’re a Radio Presenter-Producer who is looking to serve a unique audience, through a role which will initially be based in Brize Norton, Oxfordshire.
We currently have a vacancy for a brilliant broadcaster who is excited to embrace our mission to entertain, inform, connect and champion serving British Forces personnel and their families.
You’ll initially be working out of our studio in Brize Norton, broadcasting to serving personnel on the garrison, their families, and the local community, via FM, DAB and online.
You’ll present a daily music radio show featuring your own high-quality speech packages and innovative interactive features, alongside our mix of new music and classic hits.
You will have:
- Recent experience of presenting live music radio programmes in a self-op studio, using industry-standard playout and scheduling systems. We need someone for whom a radio studio is already like a second home.
- Experience of researching, recording, producing and editing speech content – such as interviews, packages, documentaries or podcasts. We need someone who will get out and about amongst the Forces community and tell their stories.
- An eagerness to learn about Forces life, champion their work, and support and connect military communities. Previous experience in military life is not a requirement, but you’ll be interested in learning quickly.
- A full driving licence – most military bases are in countryside locations, and we’ll need you to be able to get to work, and travel around the Forces community.
This role is a 12-month Fixed Term Contract based in one location, but future opportunities within BFBS may present the chance to travel the world and work from our various overseas locations. We’re looking for candidates that are excited about this unique opportunity to be based outside the UK, living and working alongside their audience. Such detachments can last from 2-6 months, eventually leading to postings of 2 years or more.
How to apply
Please apply by writing to email@example.com by the closing date Monday 11 December 2023 and include:
- An MP3 demo of no more than 3 minutes, containing at least three strong music radio links, plus a recent factual package or interview. This should all be content which has been made for output, rather than specifically made for the demo.
- Your CV.
- A cover letter detailing why you’re the right person for this role, and your salary expectations.
- Our equal opportunities monitoring form.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate current eligibility to work in the UK and must have a full driving licence.
If you have any questions or require more clarity about the role and what to expect, feel free to ask us via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Why work for us?
BFBS is an exciting and rewarding place to work. We are committed to looking after our people, helping them to develop their skills and build successful careers.
What we offer
We offer a competitive employee benefits package that has been designed to support your health and well-being, and care for you financially. This includes a generous holiday entitlement, flexible/hybrid working, family friendly policies and an employee assistance programme.
We are a modern, vibrant and forward-thinking organisation and attract talented people to join and develop at BFBS, where we strive to create an inclusive and collaborative working environment where everyone can contribute, learn and be themselves. We have a number of networks run by our community of colleagues, including Wellbeing, Diversity and Inclusion.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate current eligibility to work in the UK.