***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
We’re Blind Veterans UK, a charity that helps vision-impaired ex-service people from every generation rebuild their lives regardless of how or when they lost their sight. Founded in 1915, by Sir Arthur Pearson, to help the many veterans losing their sight after the First World War, we have supported those blinded in subsequent wars and military engagements, including the Second World War, and more recently, the conflicts in the Falklands, Iraq and Afghanistan.
We’re one transformational team that believes every vision-impaired veteran should be able to lead the life they choose.
Our Centre of Wellbeing in Llandudno offers visually impaired veterans training and rehabilitation services. Since opening our doors in 2011, we have helped more than 12,000 veterans with specialist support to enable them to enjoy life to the fullest. We also embrace technology and are proud to be one of the first fully integrated smart properties in Wales, utilising Alexa technology from Amazon to support our members during their visits and stays.
We are currently looking to fill a Healthcare Support role on a permanent, full-time basis at our Llandudno centre.
– Salary of £21,275 per annum (plus enhancements for working unsocial hours)
– Generous annual leave with the option to buy additional days
– Pension scheme with generous employer contributions
– Healthcare cash plan
– Access to legal services and mental health support
– Employee assistance programme
– Paid professional subscriptions and discounts
– Home working allowance
– Professional and personal development
This is an incredible opportunity for a highly organised and compassionate individual to join our dedicated organisation and embark on a rewarding career in care.
Developing a valuable skill-set, you’ll have the chance to provide invaluable support to our members, and observe how your work can make a truly positive impact and help blind veterans lead fulfilling lives after sight loss.
We’ll give you all the support you need, alongside comprehensive training and the chance to gain care qualifications. So, if you want to join a transformational team with one of the oldest charities in the UK and build a career to be proud of, apply today.
In this Healthcare Support role, you will provide our members and beneficiaries with high quality, holistic care at our Llandudno Centre.
Supporting members with their daily routines, you will assist with personal care, supervise mealtimes and facilitate social activities both inside and outside the centre.
Providing excellent administrative support, you will maintain accurate records of members’ care plans, write handover notes and, once qualified, administer, record and re-order medication.
Additionally, you will:
– Read personal letters to members
– Assist with orientating members to attend appointments and events
– Report and escalate any care issues
To be considered for this Healthcare Support role, you will need:
– An empathetic, patient and diplomatic approach to delivering care
– Basic knowledge of the processing of personal information (Data Protection Act)
– Good IT skills including the ability to use databases
– Effective listening skills
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Observation skills
– Strong organisational skills
– The willingness to undertake an NVQ Level 2 in Care (or equivalent)
The closing date for this role is 27 August 2023.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive a high volume of applications.
Other organisations might call this role Health Care Support Worker, Healthcare Assistant, Care Support Worker, Care Worker, Support Worker, Care Assistant, or Visual Impairment Support Worker.