***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
We are looking for a confident and friendly individual with excellent communication skills who will enjoy recruiting, training and supporting the diverse range of volunteers who give their time to Blind Veterans UK. This is a 12 months fixed term contract.
- £23,709 per annum
- Fixed Term
- Closing date is midday on 28 June 2021
Blind Veterans UK helps vision-impaired ex-Service men and women of every generation rebuild their lives after sight loss. Since 1915, we’ve provided rehabilitation, training, practical advice and emotional support to tens of thousands of blind veterans.
We are looking for a confident and friendly individual with excellent communication skills who will enjoy recruiting, training and supporting the diverse range of volunteers who give their time to Blind Veterans UK.
The job involves:
- Identifying and responding to the needs of members within the local community by reviewing and assessing volunteering opportunities.
- Organising and implementing the recruitment of volunteers in line with our volunteer recruitment policy
- Maintaining regular contact with volunteers to provide ongoing support. Being the first point of contact for volunteer’s enquiries.
- Maintaining accurate, secure and up to date records on the volunteers and other service data for monthly reporting
- Promoting volunteering in the area through attending events and building networks to increase awareness.
Experience in a similar role would be an advantage but we will consider applications from those who are able to demonstrate how their alternate skill, knowledge and experience is relevant to this role.
This is a Monday to Friday role, however there will be occasional evening and weekend work. It is primarily a home-based role, however travel to locations within the area will be necessary. Benefits include free life assurance, sickness benefit scheme, childcare voucher scheme, generous pension scheme and an employee assistance programme. This post is subject to enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing date: Monday 28 June at noon
Virtual Interviews: Thursday 1 July 2021
If you think you have what it takes to be part of a developing and growing charity that values its beneficiaries, staff and volunteers, please look at the full Job Description and complete an Application Form and Personal Details Form, which can be downloaded below, and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note only completed application forms will be accepted for consideration, not CVs.
If any part of the application process is inaccessible to you, please advise us via email@example.com