***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Hours – Flexible
Location – Head office, Crawley, West Sussex or Home based
Salary – Incentive package for the right candidate
Building Heroes is a military based charity looking for an entrepreneurial, passionate, and motivated individual with an excellent track record of successful funding and grants outcomes. The charity, now in their seventh year are in a period of growth and looking to expand the team and scope of funding opportunities.
The charity is proud to support more than 900 military personnel a year providing construction skills to service leavers and military family leading to successful employment outcomes.
This role is an exciting opportunity to develop income from high-net worth individuals, trusts, and foundations. You will identify strategic funding opportunities and develop relationships that make them possible. The postholder will be expected to meet and where possible exceed income targets through development of strong relationships that generates significant income to support the work the charity provide.
The post holder will join an award-winning charity, they will be driven, flexible and hard-working. They will focus on securing funding and resources which will support the charity to enhance and deliver outcomes and career opportunities for the beneficiaries. You will be passionate about the cause, with the ability to write strong bid and funding applications and the ability to create emotionally compelling stories when presenting and or meeting with stakeholders.
The role requires a pro-active, enthusiastic, and personable individual with the ability to identify opportunities with the confidence to start conversations with prospects that result in financial and in-kind support.
If you are looking for a rewarding role and make a difference to those that have served for us, please apply today for a New Year start.
Closing date Monday 10 January 2022
Please send CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Building Heroes actively promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We match charity needs with skills and experience of candidates, irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation. Greater diversity will lead to even greater results for the charities with whom we work.
- Ability to keep abreast of developments within the charity and charity sector in order to be able to seek appropriate funding channels.
- Proactively research and assess funding opportunities for suitability.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to draft a comprehensive case for support, backed by evidential data, and matched to funding guidance and criteria.
- Experience in submitting grant funding bids and evidence of success.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of Microsoft products (Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Sharepoint)
- Create and manage a database of funding activities, identifying potential funding opportunities, work in progress and results of applications.
- Provide stewardship of successful applications, ensuring grantees are thanked and requests for information or activity reports are managed/promptly dealt with to improve chances of future success.
- Provide data on successful grants to CEO for inclusion in Annual Report
- Knowledge of the Armed Forces / connections with military organisations and other military charities.
- Understanding of accounting terminology (revenue/turnover/income/profit/loss) to interpret and complete requests for financial history/budgets to support applications.
- Willing to undertake training to support continuing professional development.
- Provide support to other team members to help them identify local funding opportunities.
- Identify new opportunities in respect of individual giving, corporate donations, or organised fundraising events.