Care for Veterans is seeking a Trustee with a finance and/or accountancy background, preferably with an ACCA qualification (or equivalent). The successful candidate will join and in time, chair the Finance Committee.
Care for Veterans (CfV) was established in 1919 as the Queen Alexandra Hospital Home to care for soldiers returning from World War I with life-changing disabilities. For over 100 years, it has provided long term nursing, rehabilitation, respite and end of life care to Veterans and their families.
The 62-bed home has been at Gifford House in Worthing since 1933.
Further information can be found on CfV’s web site: www.careforveterans.org.uk.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contributing at four board meetings, a strategy offsite and four Finance sub-committee meetings a year. These are usually held during business hours in Worthing.
- Develop a good understanding of CfV’s operations and the environment in which it operates;
- Monitor the performance of CfV in a constructive and inquisitive way;
- Making their time, skills, and experience available to CfV and its executive (in and outside of regular board meetings) and supporting key fundraising events;
- Average time commitment is 12-15 days per year.
- Bring a range of diverse professional and real-world experience to the Board;
- Have a strong empathy with the Armed Services community;
- Are articulate communicators with integrity and a strong commitment to CfV’s beneficiaries;
- Are committed to the highest standards of charity governance.
Trustees are appointed for a three-year term, with the opportunity for a further six years on re-appointment. Reasonable expenses are reimbursed.
You will have a background and/or qualification in finance or accountancy (ACCA or equivalent preferred).
Previous trustee experience is not necessary as new trustees will be given support and training.
Due to the work of the charity a DBS check and references will be required.
CfV is committed to encouraging diversity and gender equality throughout the organisation and would encourage applicants who would help broaden the diversity, gender and age demographic of the board.
If you are interested in becoming a trustee, please send an up to date CV and supporting statement to email@example.com .