***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Combat Stress is the UK’s leading charity for veterans’ mental health. For over a century, it has focused on veterans from the three services with complex mental health needs, arising from trauma experienced while serving.
Fully regulated by the CQC and equivalent bodies in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, the Charity’s highly skilled clinical teams work closely with each veteran to make a treatment plan which fits the veteran’s individual needs. They operate alongside and partner with NHS mental health providers, GPs and other charities, providing invaluable and often life saving therapies, to improve the quality of life for veterans and their families.
Location – Leatherhead (Hybrid)
The Board are now seeking an inspirational CEO to deliver the Charity’s vision, mission, strategic objectives and operational plans. This is a critical role as the Charity builds on its success and shapes the next chapter of its development and growth as the leading organization supporting veterans who are experiencing complex mental health challenges.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Board and Executive team to manage the overall operation of the charity and delivery of the approved strategy.
- Leading, developing and directing a well-established and highly motivated team of clinical and non-clinical staff working across multiple locations in the UK.
- Helping to secure and grow predictable donor and partner income to enable sustainable delivery of clinical services in the long term
- Developing a culture that encourages top performance and high morale for staff working in a highly regulated environment
- Overseeing the sound financial and risk management of the Charity, ensuring effective governance and leadership at all levels.
- Operating as a highly effective ambassador for the charity within the military and healthcare network.
- Ensuring extensive positive engagement with a wide range of parties, including sponsors and external partners to grow services and raise awareness.
Potential candidates for this rare and exciting opportunity will be highly experienced and respected leaders with the skills, sensitivity and motivation to lead and further develop the Charity. The role is open to senior leaders with a wide range of backgrounds, who most importantly demonstrate a passion for the cause, personal integrity and understand that Veterans are put at the heart of everything the charity does.
You will be an inspirational and emotionally intelligent leader with proven experience of shaping organisational vision and strategy as well as delivering outstanding operational results. Naturally a good listener, you will be able to work effectively across very diverse professional cultures such as the Armed Forces and the NHS. You will also be able to demonstrate financial literacy and be comfortable working within a highly regulated environment. You are a strategic thinker, but still able to lead by example at all times.
Combat Stress is an equal opportunities employer. Please feel free to contact our retained consultant – Simon Bell at Grays Search and Selection on 07766 714 951 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or an initial discussion in
Closing date for applications will be Monday 12 February.