Consultancy is a good career option for many leaving the Armed Forces, but is it right for you?
What is consultancy?
A consultant is hired by an organisation to help with a task or project it is unable to complete on its own.
Why former officers can be great consultants
- Experienced at project management.
- Experienced at working independently.
- Ex-military Personnel are respected in the civilian workplace.
- It can offer similar rewards to being in the military, providing dynamic and challenging opportunities.
How to choose your specialism
- Choose a specialism that interests you – look at your skills and experiences to help decide.
- Understand your potential client’s needs, and see if your expertise could help.
- While in the Armed Forces use your training credits for project and commercial management courses, so you are business ready when you leave.