***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Central London, with occasional UK travel
Defence Relationship Management (DRM) manages the interface between national employers and the Ministry of Defence (MOD). Developing and maintaining partnerships with organisations throughout the UK, DRM enables a mutually beneficial working relationship with the MOD and offers advice and support on employing members of the armed forces community, whether they be Reservists, Veterans, Cadet Force Adult Volunteers or military spouses. As well as directly managing relationships with major national employers, the organisation also directs and funds employer engagement across all regions of the UK via its network of Regional Employer Engagement Directors. DRM delivers a range of prestigious engagement events around the country, with the flagship annual Employer Recognition Scheme Gold Award ceremony attracting support from both the Royal Family and senior politicians. DRM’s work really matters. As a key delivery agent of the Armed Forces Covenant, it plays a crucial role in developing meaningful, mutually beneficial links between the Armed Forces and wider society.
|The Role||The Person|
|· Reporting to the Director, coordinate the day to day running of DRM and the delivery and reporting of MOD’s required outputs.
· Line manage DRM’s Operations Team, with responsibility for all HR, financial and internal Communications matters across the organisation including budgeting, forecasting and financial control.
· Responsible for the coordination of major programmes and projects.
· As a key member of the DRM Senior Management Team, contribute to the overall strategy and direction of the organisation.
|· Extensive senior people and budgetary management experience, ideally with an understanding of internal Communications; an eye for detail, combined with big picture awareness.
· Strong business planning and performance management experience; organised and methodical, with a high degree of flexibility.
· Excellent understanding of the UK’s Armed Forces and the MOD, gained from a military or civilian career in Defence.
· An empathetic and consultative leadership style and the ability to work positively in a diverse and inclusive environment.
Interested candidates should email a full CV and covering letter of no more than two sides, detailing their suitability for the role, to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting ‘DRM COS’ in the subject line. Closing date 17 August 2017, interviews 24 August 2017.