Last quarter the Veterans’ Foundation awarded over £1.2M in grants and marked an important milestone as the Veterans’ Foundation has now awarded over £10M in grant funding since inception in 2016.
The Veterans’ Foundation grants programme supports charities, community interest companies and other organisations conducting charitable activity to support those in need among serving armed forces personnel, veterans, operationally qualified seafarers and their immediate families. The grants fund a wide variety of projects including those that reduce homelessness, increase employment, provide welfare and medical support, increase confidence and social integration, as well as reduce dependence on alcohol and drugs.
Currently, there are two standard grants available:
- Grants of any sum up to a maximum of £30K may be awarded. Trustees will also consider a bid spread over 1 to 3 years, i.e. £30K as £10K for each of the next two or three years.
- Grants of any sum up to a maximum of £40K for the exclusive use on salaries over a two-year period may be awarded i.e. £40K as £20K for each of the next two years. In some cases, the grant award may be limited to one year and qualified grantees may reapply at a later date for a second year of funding.
The Veterans’ Foundation typically allocates grants four times a year. The board may also accept non-routine applications in exceptional circumstances (e.g. for needs caused by the COVID-19 pandemic). The deadlines for submission through 2022 are as follows:
- 6 May for consideration in June
- 26 Aug for consideration in September
- 14 Nov for consideration in December
To apply, visit the Veterans’ Foundation website:
Detailed guidance is available via the tab “Apply for a grant” including which documents to provide. Contact email@example.com with enquiries