The Government has announced £6M in funding for Armed Forces charities and Community Interest Companies (CICs) who are delivering services to veterans, Armed Forces families and others from the Armed Forces community.
Grants of up to £60,000 are available for a six-month period. In exceptional circumstances, such as providing support to people who are particularly vulnerable, or if your organisation has seen an increase in demand for the services you’re offering due to Covid-19, then grants of up to £125,000 or more are available over a six-month period.
The Trust is pleased to be managing this programme; however, decisions will be made by a panel including representatives from the MOD, the Cabinet Office and Cobseo.
Who can apply?
To apply for funding, organisations need to:
· be able to show a strong history of work with people from Armed Forces communities; and your organisation must have at least one year’s worth of published accounts
· have fewer resources coming into your organisation, due to Covid-19
· have the same, or increased, demand for the services that you deliver to people from Armed Forces communities.
The services you offer should be in one of nine key areas.
· Support to the elderly (including care homes)
· Mental and physical health
· Domestic violence
· Criminal Justice System
· Service families (including childcare)
Advice for those wanting to apply
Melloney Poole, the Chief Executive of the Armed Forces Covenant Fund Trust has some advice for applicants.
“This funding programme will offer help to organisations that need additional resources to help them keep well-used and valuable services up and running for those who need them; particularly if there has been an increase in the support that you are having to give due to Covid-19.
Do read our programme guidance carefully, and make sure you tell us about the people that your work supports and why you need additional resources to support this as a result of Covid-19. Please don’t wait until the last minute to apply.”
Find out more
The closing date for the programme is 29 May 2020, but applicants can apply at any time through our online grants portal.