Due to an increase in the number of applications for the Forces Media Academy’s Media Production Course, the FMA is now accepting applications until Friday 9th February.
The course is a free one-year Higher National Certificate (HNC) starting in September, and is run at SSVC’s headquarters in Buckinghamshire.
Each student also receives an £18,000 bursary from the Forces Media Academy’s principal charity partner, The Royal British Legion.
The Forces Media Academy is open to anyone who has served as a regular, or is serving as a reservist.
For more details about the course and to apply now, go online to www.forcesacademy.com
Notes to Editors:
About the Forces Media Academy
The Academy was set up in 2017 with a £1.8m grant from the Chancellor’s Libor Fund. The Royal British Legion has contributed £800,000 to support the Forces Media Academy which offers veterans a unique opportunity to gain new skills and qualifications in media production after leaving the Services. The contribution from the Legion will cover the living expenses for 15 academy students annually for the next three years. Forging new careers and developing different skills after the Armed Forces can be challenging and the Legion is dedicated to supporting veterans’ transition back to civvy street at any point in their lives.
The Services Sound & Vision Corporation
The Forces Media Academy is run by SSVC, the charity which runs the British Forces Broadcasting Service (BFBS) and Forces TV. SSVC is a not-for-profit organisation, founded in World War II and specialises in providing media services to the UK Armed Forces.
SSVC remains dedicated to informing, entertaining and connecting the military abroad and at home. SSVC’s mission is to champion the Armed Forces and keep them in the public eye. SSVC makes a vital contribution to Service morale and welfare and specialises in communicating effectively with the wider armed forces audience.
Our services include, but are not limited to:
- Forces TV – is the home of entertainment and military life – broadcasting comedy, entertainment, drama, news and sport 24/7
- BFBS TV – multichannel TV broadcast worldwide providing the best of UK and international TV to serving forces and their families posted around the world
- Forces Radio BFBS – broadcasting 24/7 from seven overseas locations, nationally and locally in the UK, and to the Gurkha community
- Forces News – a fully-integrated news capability produced by specialist journalists and technicians with intimate knowledge of the Armed Forces
- Forces Cinemas – fixed and mobile digital cinemas providing the latest film releases to military venues around the world
- Forces Live Events (CSE) – suppliers of live entertainment for British Forces personnel and civilian audiences, including music, comedy, celebrity visits and event services
- SSVC Training – offering quality training in a range of subjects including digital media, video content generation and media training to defence and wider government departments
- net – state-of-the-art online capability, placing video, digital imagery and articles at the heart of our growing New Media presence