***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
We are looking to recruit a Donor Relationship Manager to join our Fundraising team. The main purpose of this role is to secure funds by building relationships with existing and prospective major donors who support the Trust. We are looking for a self-confident, personable, self-motivated, persistent individual with well-developed communication skills who could come from the charity or commercial sector. Experience in a sales role would be an advantage.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
This role’s primary responsibilities will be as follows:
- Manage the relationships of a caseload of major donors who support the Trust.
- Increase the number of individuals on the caseload by identifying new prospects on the database and applying the in-house qualification process to assess their propensity to give and determine their preferences.
- Create a communication and management strategy for each individual major donor on the caseload based upon the donor’s history and the assessment of their potential.
- By strict and timely adherence to each individual’s plan, retain and upgrade the donors.
- Working with colleagues in other departments and in Nepal, create proposals and cases for support that will be sent to donors on the caseload to secure gifts. Create progress and completion reports for donors funding specific projects.
- Ensure major donor records are kept up to date by utilising the data management system currently in use by the Trust (Progress).
- Manage the caseload using the department’s relationship management Excel spreadsheet tool – the Marketing Impact Chart (MIC).
- Work closely with the Major Donor Manager to ensure the MIC and Progress are kept up to date. Provide administrative support to the Major Donor Manager as and when required.
- Ensure that all donations are thanked appropriately within a 24-hour timescale.
- Work with the database team to ensure all major donor donations are coded and added to Progress correctly.
- Run analytical reports from Progress so as to report to the Major Donor Manager and Head of Fundraising on Income and expenditure to date and to reconcile with finance reports.
- Work with the Individual Giving Coordinator to re-purpose main appeals for major donors on the caseload.
- Speak to major donors on the phone on a regular basis and to develop innovative ‘touchpoint’ communications in order to keep them motivated and interested in the work of the Trust.
- To perform other duties as and when required.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- the ability to express themself clearly in all situations
- a confident, positive, enthusiastic and conscientious attitude
- emotional perception, natural curiosity, conversation skills and a sense of humour
- an eye for detail and strong, systematic organisational skills
- experience working with a relationship management database or similar
- having managed budgets and worked to KPIs in a previous role
- the ability to work independently and as part of a team being able to work closely and supportively with the Major Donor Manager as well as other members of the fundraising team, working transparently and sharing ideas with collaborative approach, specifically when compiling project reports in partnership with the Trust Fundraiser
- a clean driving license and be able to spend some nights away from home
T: 01722 323 955
Applicants should send a CV and cover letter to our HR team at email@example.com or by post to: HR, The Gurkha Welfare Trust, PO Box 2170, 22 Queen Street, Salisbury SP2 2EX
Interviews will take place at the Trust’s head office in Salisbury on Tuesday 27 March 2018.