***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Salary: up to £50,000.00 per annum
Deadline: 30/03/2022 23:59
At Help for Heroes, we believe those who serve our country deserve support when they are wounded. Every day, men and women have to leave their career in the Armed Forces as a result of physical or psychological wounds; their lives changed forever. We help them, and those still serving, to recover and get on with their lives.
And who are we you’re wondering? We are experts and beginners. Generalists and specialists. Ordinary people with an extraordinary passion towards making a positive change to the lives of our veterans (and having fun while doing it).
As One Team we share a philosophy – I.C.A.R.E. It’s the way we walk and talk, the way we interact with others and how we approach everything we do. We are: Innovative – Collaborative – Authentic – Resourceful – Energetic. We have an incredible opportunity for a Data Protection Officer to join our team. Please see below for more information on what just might be your future role.
Guiding the organisation to ensure full compliance with the Data Protection Act 2018, General Data Protection Regulation and Privacy and Electronic Communications regulation in all areas by the provision of training, policy and procedural framework and consultancy.
- Be the internal subject matter expert, monitor internal compliance and inform and advise on Data Protection obligations, highlighting risks and omissions
- Drive, coordinate and track all Data Protection project activities and provide updates for the Trustees, COO, CEO and Leadership team members.
- Be prepared to deputise for line manager at relevant meetings.
- Coordinate and take responsibility for the charity’s group-wide data security programme, which includes special category data
- Promote a culture of Data Protection compliance by driving and embedding the data protection compliance strategy and acting as the liaison with external bodies on such matters, including MOD.
- Manage the process for Help for Heroes achieving appropriate accreditation for Data Protection e.g. compliance across all elements of the ICO Data Protection Self-Assessment tool.
- Ensure all staff have received appropriate Data Protection and Information Security training.
- Report to the Risk and Audit Committee on key data protection items and issues.
- Provide expert day to day Data Protection advice to Help for Heroes operational teams including Trading, Marketing Service Delivery.
- Act as the Charity and Trading Data Protection Officer, keeping up to date with legislation, ICO initiatives and communicating those across the Group.
- Provide Data Protection support as directed by the Trustees, Executive team and line manager.
- Liaison with stakeholders and external parties to deliver project briefs and monitor their implementation and progress.
- Review contracts with Data Processers and Partners to ensure they are robust and in line with legislative requirements
- Analyse large volumes of compliance-based information quickly to create concise and clear action plans.
- Devise and roll out a Data Protection training programme.
- Define and generate new policy directives to support Data Security protocol across Help for Heroes, and act as the liaison between the charity and the MoD on sharing protocols for Recovery delivery functions.
- Implement Data Retention policies and ensure all areas manage personal data accordingly
- Act as partner to each ‘Head of’ in the application and management of Data governance.
- Review of IT applications and system processes for compliance with Data Protection and Information Security requirements.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across the Charity to ensure a consistent commercial approach is taken and interdependencies are managed effectively.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Certified Data Protection Officer, or equivalent, with at least 2 years in a DPO role
- Detailed knowledge of the Data Protection Act, General Data Protection Regulation, PECR and related legislation
- Commercial awareness
- Presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Problem recognition and resolution
- Resourceful and considered
- Listening skills
- Attention to detail in all aspects of work
- Leadership skills in implementing policy training across Help for Heroes and providing data protection guidance.
Key Competencies & Behaviours
- Strong communicator across all levels and all fields of stakeholders to Help for Heroes
- Clear thinker
- Resourceful and Considered
- Excellent influencer and able to be inclusive
- Drive / tenacity
- Results Focused
- Demonstrates the ability to build rapport quickly and to understand needs, wants and expectations
- Displays a positive, empathetic, patient, polite and friendly manner
- Manage challenging situations in a calm and appropriate manner
- Displays the highest levels of integrity, confidentiality and commitment
- Respond quickly to changing demands and demonstrate strong skills in prioritisation and time management
- Work within a range of environments and working cultures, adapting personal style accordingly
- Lead and drive work forward with minimal direction
- Analyse information quickly and communicate in a concise and articulate manner
- Well organised with the ability to prioritise
- Demonstrates an ability to work as part of a team and be a flexible team player
- Flexible re. hours of work
Model our Values. We are:
Help for Heroes is committed to safeguarding and ensuring the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. The suitability of all prospective employees or volunteers will be assessed during the recruitment process in line with this commitment.