Salary: circa £30k
At Help for Heroes, we believe those who serve our country deserve support when they are wounded. Every day, men and women have to leave their career in the Armed Forces as a result of physical or psychological wounds; their lives changed forever. We help them, and those still serving, to recover and get on with their lives.
And who are we you’re wondering? We are experts and beginners. Generalists and specialists. Ordinary people with an extraordinary passion towards making a positive change to the lives of our veterans (and having fun while doing it).
As One Team we share a philosophy – I.C.A.R.E. It’s the way we walk and talk, the way we interact with others and how we approach everything we do. We are: Innovative – Collaborative – Authentic – Resourceful – Energetic. We have an incredible opportunity for a Governance Administration Assistant to join our team. Please see below for more information on what just might be your future role.
Supporting in protecting the Charity, its employees, Trustees and beneficiaries by ensuring governance is effectively managed and mitigated across the charity. That regulatory and statutory requirements are met in line with agreed timelines, and best practices are adopted. All of this in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment focused on continuous improvement.
Through effective co-ordination:
- Delivering effective governance
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory and statutory requirements
- Building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders both internally and externally
- Co-ordinate Board/Executive/Staff/Stakeholder meetings and briefings.
- Prepare, collate and distribute agendas and papers and ensure they are sent out in good time for meetings/briefings.
- Take and produce minutes/notes of meetings as required and get minutes approved and distributed on a timely basis and track follow up actions to ensure completion within agreed timelines.
- Advising on corporate governance best practice and making recommendations to boards or committees impacted by changes in applicable governance requirements.
- Work proactively across Team H4H and build strong working relations with members of the Board, the Executive Team, staff and stakeholders
- General assistance and administrative support to Board Members, CEO and COO as required
- Ensure that Trustee statutory declarations etc are maintained and logged/filed e.g. Charity Commission and Companies House
- Support and manage Trustee induction and training, appraisals and evaluation surveys
- Filing statutory accounts including maintaining a timetable, liaising with the finance department and auditors, arranging board approvals and timely filing with the Companies House.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Charity/governance background
- Minute-taking skills to a high level of accuracy
- Be able to produce written or verbal briefs, papers, or presentations to high standards and tight deadlines.
- Ability to manage numerous concurrent tasks with conflicting priorities
- Team working in complex/multi-site environments
- Exceptional written communication.
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills.
- Relationship building at all levels with the skills and knowledge necessary to be credible to the Trustees, Directors and Heads of the Charity
- Stakeholder management
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office/365 & Adobe Pro
- Experience of working within a regulated environment
Key Competencies & Behaviours
- Attention to detail in all aspects of work
- Displays the highest levels of integrity, confidentiality, and commitment
- Responds quickly to changing demands and demonstrates strong skills in prioritisation and time management
- Confident, positive, empathetic, patient, polite and friendly manner
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to build rapport quickly and to understand needs and expectations
- Work within a range of environments and working cultures, adapting personal style accordingly
- Lead and drive work forward with minimal direction
- Analyse information quickly and communicate in a concise and articulate manner
- Demonstrates an ability to work as part of a team and be a flexible team player
- Demonstrates self-motivation
- Flexible re. hours of work
Model our Values. We are:
Help for Heroes is committed to safeguarding and ensuring the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. The suitability of all prospective employees or volunteers will be assessed during the recruitment process in line with this commitment.