***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Thanks to a LIBOR grant from the Chancellor which boosted their Horticultural Therapy Challenge to raise all the funding to get to Stanford Hall, HighGround are now recruiting for a new Horticultural Therapist. https://highground-uk.org/join-us/
We are recruiting for a Horticultural Therapist (HT) to start work at the new Defence National Rehabilitation Centre in October 2018 once Headley Court has closed and the late Duke of Westminster’s magnificent vision for 21st century rehabilitation finally becomes a reality.
Building on the work of HighGround’s first pathfinding Horticultural Therapist Carol Sales, the new HT will continue to provide the Horticultural Therapy service for injured service personnel by working in conjunction with DNRC’s Multi-Disciplinary Teams to carry a caseload of patients with a range of needs from complex, to minor problems across all the 3 patient groups.
The HT will be assisted by Andy Wright, HighGround’s Therapeutic Gardens Manager who will be responsible for the therapeutic environments at the DNRC which are provided for the delivery of Horticultural Therapy.
Andy will also manage a team of Gardening Volunteers (all expert gardeners) and will provide holiday cover for the HT, thus ensuring vital continuity of service for DNRC’s patients.
The successful postholder will need to demonstrate:
- A proven background and experience of delivering horticultural activities in a group setting
- Good time management and forward planning
- Confident communicating with, and instructing individuals and groups
- Able to communicate and build relationships with patients and staff from a wide range of social and academic backgrounds and with varying knowledge of horticulture
- A sound but not necessarily expert grasp of horticulture
- Respect for individual privacy and a good sense of humour
- Knowledge and skills of Health and Social Care to Level 3 or equivalent qualification in Horticultural Therapy
For more information, a full job spec or to apply, please contact Anna Baker Cresswell at any time on 07951 495 272 or email@example.com
Applications should be made by 30th April and include a written explanation of why you are interested in the position and full CV.
See the first 4 years of HighGround’s Horticultural Therapy service at Headley Court here.