Thursday 21 December 1800 to 1900
Military in Business® Virtual Networking Event
Take part in discussions with like minded individuals about industry trends and business opportunities.
This networking event will provide you with understanding the current working climate, as well as building important business relationships and connections.
By joining your local Military in Business® Virtual Networking Event you can:
- Gain and share knowledge with other entrepreneurs and veterans in the military community, learn from their business journey and get inspired.
- Combine business with socialising, meeting like-minded people in a relaxed and friendly environment.
- Promote your business, product/services and stay motivated.
What to expect?
- You will be greeted by the hosts as you join the main room.
- All attendees will be then separated to the breakout rooms to be able to introduce themselves and discuss in smaller groups.
- Few members of each group will be mixed after certain time to create fresh environment for networking.
- You can always return to the main room if you are experiencing technical issues, we will be happy to guide you back to the breakout room.
- During the networking evening while you are in the main room, you can place your contact details to the group chat (for example website, email, LinkedIn, etc.). All attendees are able to save the chat in the end of event.
XFE Scotland Ambassador, Heather Warner
As a Royal Navy veteran spouse, living in Scotland, Heather had a very successful 25-year corporate career in Edinburgh. In 2018, she decided it was time for a new challenge and set up Enigmatic Business Solutions. With a real passion for problem solving, Heather’s role as an Online Business Manager and Business Admin Consultant provides transformational support to small business owners supporting them with planning, strategy, streamlining processes and accountability. A key success factor is to reduce overwhelm and free up their time to focus on their passions whilst working towards business growth and increased profit levels. Heather is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce (FRSA) and a Committee Member of the Edinburgh Businesswomen’s Club. In November 2022, Heather won the ‘Woman of Inspiration’ award at the Association of Scottish Businesswomen National Business Awards.
Am I eligible?
This event is available for the following individuals (aged over 18):
VETERANS // SERVICE LEAVERS // RESERVISTS // REGULAR SERVICE // SPOUSES & PARTNERS // FIRST-DEGREE FAMILY MEMBERS
Please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested to join this event but you do not meet our eligibility criteria. We can point you to the right direction and present options.
Do I need to prepare anything prior to the event?
If you have not already done so, please first sign up to the XFE Knowledge Exchange Hub here. This will give you exclusive and confidential access to business information, free events and peer-to-peer knowledge exchange within the network.
How to connect?
In order to participate on this virtual networking event, you will need a personal laptop or tablet with webcam and microphone enabled, and a stable broadband connection with at least 2Mbps spare bandwidth and a fixed, quiet environment. The workshop will be hosted using Zoom, and you can join via most browsers, or use the Zoom app. As this is a networking event it is expected that both video and voice will be enabled.
You will be emailed Zoom link on the day to be able to join this free event.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you do not hear from us by 1 PM, alternatively please check your spam/junk folder in your email inbox.
Zoom Joining Instructions & Troubleshooting
- Please start joining the event at 5:55 PM so we can ensure you have been connected.
- Join event via Zoom link provided in email. If the link doesn’t work for any reason, please try joining by inserting Meeting ID and Passcode above.
- Please add your full name, then you will be let in the waiting room, and someone will let you in.
- We highly recommend downloading Zoom app to your phone, or laptop desktop prior to the event.
- Please note some MOD / company laptops do not allow to join Zoom calls outside of the company due to security measurements. Use your personal device, such as phone, tablet, or laptop instead.
If you are experiencing any technical issues, please call 0121 724 0655 or email email@example.com.
Please note there may potentially be photos taken at the event so do contact us directly if you have any issues surrounding privacy.
The XFE Military in Business® Network is supported by The Royal British Legion.
Please contact X-Forces Events if you have any questions via phone 0121 724 0655 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.