Military in Business® Virtual Networking Event
Take part in discussions with like minded individuals about industry trends and business opportunities.
This networking event will provide you with understanding the current working climate, as well as building important business relationships and connections.
By joining your local Military in Business® Virtual Networking Event you can:
- Gain and share knowledge with other entrepreneurs and veterans in the military community, learn from their business journey and get inspired.
- Combine business with socialising, meeting like-minded people in a relaxed and friendly environment.
- Promote your business, product/services and stay motivated.
What to expect?
- You will be greeted by the hosts, Dax and Lee, as you join the main room.
- All attendees will be then separated to the breakout rooms to be able to introduce themselves and discuss in smaller groups.
- Few members of each group will be mixed after certain time to create fresh environment for networking.
- You can always return to the main room if you are experiencing technical issues, we will be happy to guide you back to the breakout room.
- During the networking evening while you are in the main room, you can place your contact details to the group chat (for example website, email, LinkedIn, etc.). All attendees are able to save the chat in the end of event.
XFE North East Ambassador,Lee Harris-Hamer
Lee is the Owner of White Horse cleaning services, founded the business in 2016 and has found great success through referrals over the past couple of years. Lee spent 8 years in the British Army, which taught him to be forward-thinking, disciplined and has a great eye for detail that has enabled his business to expand in a short period of time.
XFE Mentoring & Knowledge Manager, Dax Gearing
Dax brings over 24 years of military experience to X-Forces having served within the Royal Artillery. Prior to joining us, Dax worked across various sectors including procurement, logistics and facilities management. Dax has run his own businesses and now applies his experience as our Mentoring and Knowledge Manager, helping businesses get the support required to push them forward.
Am I eligible?
This event is available for the following individuals (aged over 18):
VETERANS // SERVICE LEAVERS // RESERVISTS // REGULAR SERVICE // SPOUSES & PARTNERS // FIRST-DEGREE FAMILY MEMBERS
Please contact us via email email@example.com if you are interested to join this event but you do not meet our eligibility criteria. We can point you to the right direction and present options.
Do I need to prepare anything prior to the event?
If you have not already done so, please first sign up to the XFE Knowledge Exchange Hub here. This will give you exclusive and confidential access to business information, free events and peer-to-peer knowledge exchange within the network.
How to connect?
In order to participate on this virtual networking event, you will need a personal laptop or tablet with webcam and microphone enabled, and a stable broadband connection with at least 2Mbps spare bandwidth and a fixed, quiet environment. The workshop will be hosted using Zoom, and you can join via most browsers, or use the Zoom app. As this is a networking event it is expected that both video and voice will be enabled.
You will be emailed Zoom link on the day to be able to join this free event.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you do not hear from us by 1 PM, alternatively please check your spam/junk folder in your email inbox.
Zoom Joining Instructions & Troubleshooting
- Please start joining the event at 5:55 PM so we can ensure you have been connected.
- Join event via Zoom link provided in email. If the link doesn’t work for any reason, please try joining by inserting Meeting ID and Passcode above.
- Please add your full name, then you will be let in the waiting room, and someone will let you in.
- We highly recommend downloading Zoom app to your phone, or laptop desktop prior to the event.
- Please note some MOD / company laptops do not allow to join Zoom calls outside of the company due to security measurements. Use your personal device, such as phone, tablet, or laptop instead.
If you are experiencing any technical issues, please call 0121 724 0655 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note there may potentially be photos taken at the event so do contact us directly if you have any issues surrounding privacy.
The XFE Military in Business® Network is supported by The Royal British Legion.
Please contact X-Forces Events if you have any questions via phone 0121 724 0655 or email email@example.com.