***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Full Time: 37.5 hours
Based in Richmond, TW10 6UR
Salary: £35,000-£40,000 pa commensurate with experience
The Poppy Factory is at an exciting period of expansion in its activities supporting wounded, injured and sick veterans back into work and, as a growing organisation, has a requirement for a new post of Finance Manager. The role will oversee the finance functions of the business and work closely with the Finance Director and colleagues to improve and develop the organisation’s financial procedures.
The Finance Manager’s key responsibilities will include:
- Work collaboratively with the Finance Director to improve and develop the financial procedures and controls
- Produce the monthly management accounts, prepare the annual budget and support budget holders regarding all budgeting, costing and financial analysis
- Develop regular cash forecasting to promote better use of cash resources
- Support the Finance Director in the production of the Poppy Factory’s annual report and accounts as well as reviewing the financial reporting process, whilst collaboratively working with managers to gain an understanding of the business performance
- Effectively work towards finance projects to improve the overall business performance and support the fundraising function with bids and grant applications ensuring figures are accurate.
- Provide support and guidance to other members of the Finance team and across the organisation to drive continual improvement in the service delivered to the Poppy Factory.
The ideal candidate will be a finalist accountant (CCAB) who has a real desire to work in charity, and preferably have experience in this sector. They will be accurate, proactive and an excellent communicator in order to excel in this role, with strong IT skills including data manipulation in Microsoft Excel. Due to the nature of the organisation, the successful candidate will show empathy towards the needs of the Poppy Factory’s client group and be comfortable working in a diverse environment.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an organisation going through an incredibly positive change and a chance to make a real difference to the lives of hundreds of disabled veterans.
The Poppy Factory is committed to equality, valuing diversity and promoting inclusion. Our commitment is to take positive measures to recruit people from underrepresented groups, and we actively encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. As a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview for any job applicant with a disability who meets the essential criteria for the role. Please indicate in your application whether you wish to be considered under this scheme. We are also happy to discuss reasonable adjustments to the application or interview process to accommodate disabled candidates.
The Poppy Factory aims to be an exemplar employer. We provide good terms and conditions of employment including:
- A generous Company Pension scheme
- Company-paid life assurance
- Funding available for permanent employees to study for the Level 6 Diploma in Career Guidance & Development.
How to apply
To apply for this position please prepare your CV including a covering statement clearly outlining how you meet the essential criteria in the person specification.
Closing date is midnight, 28 January 2018 with interviews anticipated to take place in week commencing 5 February 2018.
For an informal conversation about the role, please contact Ken Bisset, Finance Director on 020 8939 1824.
No Agencies Please
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
We are committed to equality, valuing diversity and promoting inclusion within our workforce, including the volunteers who give their time to us. We work to maintain an environment where the needs and aspirations of all employees are met, irrespective of characteristics protected under the legislative framework of the Equality Act 2010. We expect everyone to understand and accept their personal responsibility to recognise and value differences and the unique contributions that people make to the way we deliver our work.
As an equal opportunities employer our commitment is to take positive measures to recruit people from underrepresented groups, and we actively encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. As a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview for any job applicant with a disability who meets the essential criteria for the role. Please indicate in your covering statement if you wish to be considered under this scheme. We are also happy to discuss reasonable adjustments to the application or interview process to accommodate candidates with disabilities.