***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Duration: Fixed Term Maternity cover 9 months
Poppyscotland provides life-changing support to our Armed Forces community. We reach out to those who have served, those still serving, and their families. At times of crisis and need we offer them vital practical advice, assistance and funding.
You will be the first point of contact for all Poppyscotland Welfare Services enquiries. You will be responsible for identifying priorities, judging the best avenues of support, signposting, making referrals and responding to enquiries in an accurate and timely manner. You will ensure internal databases are maintained and provide administrative support to the Welfare Services team.
Key Skills / Experience
- Relevant experience working in a similar role and/or good level of general education – National 5 Level or equivalent
- Experience of being the first point of contact for individuals who may be anxious or distressed with the ability to respond positively and cooperatively
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with a diverse range of people.
- Excellent IT and administration skills – competent user of MS Office and familiar with client management systems
- Good organisational skills with the ability to manage and prioritise a range of tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to deal with personal information in a confidential and sensitive manner
- Ability to maintain accurate financial records.
- Knowledge of GDPR and safeguarding policies and procedures would be an advantage
- Knowledge of the Armed Forces sector would be an advantage
Further information and a Job Description is available at https://www.poppyscotland.org.uk/about-us/careers . If you are interested in this role please send your CV and covering letter, highlighting how you meet the key skills and experience, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 April 2022.
Interviews are likely to be on Tuesday 26 April 2022
If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date you may conclude that you have not been short-listed for interview. As a charity we are unable to respond to all applications received due to the costs involved.
Poppyscotland is a member of The Royal British Legion group of charities, and is a trading name of The Earl Haig Fund Scotland, Scottish Charity No SC 014096. A Company limited by guarantee, Registered in Scotland No 194803 at New Haig House, Logie Green Road, Edinburgh EH7 4HR. The Royal British Legion, Haig House, 199 Borough High Street, London SE1 1AA. Charity Registration No 219279.