***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Salary circa £55,000 – based in Edinburgh
35 hours per week with a generous pension
Poppyscotland provides life-changing support to our Armed Forces community. We are best known for running the iconic Scottish Poppy Appeal. This, combined with our other year-round fundraising, enables us to provide tailored support and vital services in advice, employment, mobility, respite, housing and mental health support to thousands of ex-Servicemen and women and their families to the extent of approximately £3 million per year.
We are seeking to recruit a Head of Finance whose primary responsibilities will be to oversee all financial aspects of the business and drive the company’s financial budgeting and planning including:
• The production of the annual statutory accounts, in line with FRS102 and the Charities SORP.
• Driving improvements in financial reporting, financial analysis and reconciliations
• Ensuring accuracy of payroll
• Managing the financial relationship with The Royal British Legion (TRBL) and our subsidiary charity the Lady Haig Poppy Factory (LHPF)
• Fully Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/ACMA or CIPFA/CIMA)
• Experience of operating at Head of Finance level managing a small team
• Experience of preparing consolidated statutory accounts for audit and leading an annual budgeting process
• Experience of reporting to, advising and influencing Senior Management and the Board.
• Experience of developing new processes and procedures and of leading change
• Practical knowledge of tax legislation in relation to investments and gift aid
• Experience of managing Payroll • Adaptable and flexible to varying workloads and changing work practices and procedures
• Reliable, responsible, and dependable to meeting external and internal deadlines
• Good communication skills with the ability to convey information effectively to non-financial audiences
• Experience of working in a charity would be advantageous but is not essential
Further information is available at http://www.poppyscotland.org.uk/about-us/current-vacancies/ Please send your CV and covering letter, highlighting how you meet the key skills and experience, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17 July 2020.
If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date you may conclude that you have not been short-listed for interview. As a charity we are unable to respond to all applications received due to the costs involved.
Interviews are likely to be on 27 July 2020.