***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Poppyscotland provides life-changing support to our Armed Forces community. We reach out to those who have served, those still serving, and their families. At times of crisis and need we offer them vital practical advice, assistance and funding.
The main responsibilities of this role will be developing and implementing a Learning strategy suitable for primary, secondary, tertiary education and the youth sector in order to increase the profile of and understanding of Poppyscotland’s work and to increase participation and funding from these sources. You will also be required to develop specific volunteering initiatives. Evening and week-end work and flexibility with hours may be required occasionally.
Duties include the following but further details are contained in the job description:
- To develop and evaluate learning resources and initiatives to increase understanding of our work and increase participation and fundraising support.
- To deliver learning initiatives, presentations and activities by establishing appropriate relationships with educational establishments and organisations throughout Scotland.
- To review current activities to determine gaps and potential development areas in E-learning provision.
- To provide guidance and advice in the development and delivery of fundraising initiatives within schools.
- To liaise with all relevant internal and external bodies including The Royal British Legion, Legion Scotland and Lady Haig’s Poppy Factory in the development and delivery of learning resources and co-ordinate and undertake joint educational activities where appropriate.
- To support the delivery of volunteer recruitment campaigns and volunteering initiatives.
- To support the implementation of a speaker’s network strategy.
- To maintain records of all volunteer activities, filing, correspondence and post appropriately.
Skills / Experience required
- Understanding of the Scottish education system.
- Knowledge of current and emerging communication technologies.
- Ability to use initiative and a willingness to take on responsibilities, challenges and work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to represent the organisation effectively to a wide range of external stakeholders and supporters including children and young people.
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to create innovative and persuasive presentations and proposals to a range of audiences.
- Excellent planning and project management skills, including the ability to deliver multiple priorities.
- Good financial management skills including ability to forecast and provide accurate income and expenditure detail.
- Confident MS Office user with the ability to set up and use spreadsheets and use databases.
- Full UK driving licence
- PVG certificate required
- Experience of working with volunteers and current knowledge of fundraising approaches and the links with volunteering
Further information is available at http://www.poppyscotland.org.uk/about-us/current-vacancies/. Please send your CV and covering letter, highlighting how you meet all of the key skills and experience, to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 2 July 2018.
Interviews are likely to be on Wednesday 11th July 2018 in Glasgow.
If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date you may conclude that you have not been short-listed for interview. As a charity we are unable to respond to all applications received due to the costs involved.
Poppyscotland is a member of The Royal British Legion group of charities, and is a trading name of The Earl Haig Fund Scotland, Scottish Charity No SC 014096. A Company limited by guarantee, Registered in Scotland No 194803 at New Haig House, Logie Green Road, Edinburgh EH7 4HR. The Royal British Legion, Haig House, 199 Borough High Street, London SE1 1AA. Charity Registration No 219279.