***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Location: Based in Glasgow with some travel throughout Scotland
Reporting to: Learning and Outreach Manager
Salary: £22,500 per annum
Contract: Permanent. 35 hours per week
The Moving Poppy is a unique and ambitious project taking elements of Lady Haig’s Poppy Factory tour experience and Poppyscotland’s archive collection, on the road. The purpose-built vehicle will be free-to-access and accessible-to-all and will tour Scotland from early 2019 as a legacy to commemorate the centenary of the end of the First World War. It will deliver lessons and activities related to the poppy, remembrance and veterans across Scotland. The project has been funded by the Chancellor using LIBOR Funds and Heritage Lottery Fund.
Purpose of the post:
The role will involve performing all duties to ensure the smooth running of the Moving Poppy programme delivering lessons and activities related to the poppy, remembrance and veterans across Scotland.
The Moving Poppy Coordinator will be responsible for researching and booking suitable venues to host the Moving Poppy vehicle in line with our objectives.
The role will be based in the Glasgow office but some travel within Scotland and weekend work will be required. The role may be expected to support the Moving Poppy Learning and Outreach Officers if required on an ad-hoc basis.
- Working to achieve the aims and outcomes of the Moving Poppy for new and existing audiences.
- To schedule and book schools onto learning sessions.
- Scheduling and coordinating staff rotas, responding to enquiries.
- Acting as the central liaison for local contacts and the Moving Poppy team.
- Meeting and liaising with local authority contacts across all 32 local authorities to plan locations suitable for the vehicle.
- Establishing and engaging with new local and national partners to create a ‘joined up’ approach to delivery.
- Securing and negotiating delivery opportunities at national events (e.g. Royal Highland Show).
- Ensuring cost-effective delivery by applying a logical approach to logistics (route planning), assessing site suitability and booking suitable venues (in terms of vehicle accessibility).
- Ensuring appropriate accommodation and travel is arranged for Moving Poppy staff.
- Creating and issuing schedules for Moving Poppy staff in a timely manner.
- Administration of the vehicle maintenance schedule.
- Assisting with the production of promotional campaign materials including posters and social media and distributing to local contacts.
- Production of quarterly and annual delivery reports for the campaign.
- Where appropriate, publicising the Moving Poppy at local and national events, conferences and forums.
- Undertaking any other duties as required to support the success of the Moving Poppy project.
- Working with the Moving Poppy team to ensure the vehicle is maintained and keeping appropriate records.
Key Skills / Qualities:
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills( being able to communicate clearly, effectively and with accuracy is essential).
- Ability to assimilate information quickly
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Proficient in utilising IT including Microsoft Word and Excel to a high standard.
- Ability to take initiative and work without supervision.
- Marketing and/or event management experience.
- Understanding of Scottish Education system is desirable but not essential.
Further information and a full job description is available at http://www.poppyscotland.org.uk/about-us/current-vacancies/. Please send your CV and covering letter, highlighting how you meet the key skills and experience, to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 27th August 2018.
Interviews are likely to be in Glasgow on Wednesday 5th September 2018.
If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date you may conclude that you have not been short-listed for interview. As a charity we are unable to respond to all applications received due to the costs involved.
Poppyscotland is a member of The Royal British Legion group of charities, and is a trading name of The Earl Haig Fund Scotland, Scottish Charity No SC 014096. A Company limited by guarantee, Registered in Scotland No 194803 at New Haig House, Logie Green Road, Edinburgh EH7 4HR. The Royal British Legion, Haig House, 199 Borough High Street, London SE1 1AA. Charity Registration No 219279.