***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Location: Based in Glasgow with some travel throughout Scotland
Reporting to: Learning and Outreach Manager
Salary: £10,000 per annum for 14 hours per week
The Moving Poppy is a unique and ambitious project taking elements of Lady Haig’s Poppy Factory tour experience and Poppyscotland’s archive collection, on the road. The purpose-built vehicle will be free-to-access and accessible-to-all and will tour Scotland from early 2019 as a legacy to commemorate the centenary of the end of the First World War. It will deliver lessons and activities related to the poppy, remembrance and veterans across Scotland. The project has been funded by the Chancellor using LIBOR Funds and Heritage Lottery Fund.
Purpose of the post
To contribute to the successful delivery of the Moving Poppy Project by recruiting, developing and supporting volunteers to support the Moving Poppy in locations throughout Scotland.
The role will be based in the Glasgow office but some travel within Scotland and weekend work will be required. The role may be expected to support the Moving Poppy Learning and Outreach Officers if required on an ad-hoc basis.
• To be responsible for the recruitment, development and retention of Moving Poppy volunteers by using the most suitable methods.
• To assist with the development and delivery of aspects of the volunteer development programme.
• To develop and implement resources for volunteers, including templates for induction packs, handbooks and on-line facilities.
• To undertake administration duties as necessary including data input of all volunteer activities, filing and dealing with correspondence.
• To contribute to policies and procedures affecting volunteers and ensure they are up-to-date.
• To process finances in relation to volunteer activity, maintaining accurate records of income and expenditure and ensuring agreed targets and performance indicators are met.
Key Skills / Qualities
• Previous experience of volunteer recruitment and development.
• Experience of providing advice and guidance within a support function.
• Experience of managing multiple priorities with conflicting deadlines.
• Experience of Microsoft Office, social media and databases.
• Experience of Learning and Development.
• Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to organise and present information effectively.
• Research skills using a wide range of sources.
• Good administration skills, organised, methodical and flexible.
• Ability to use initiative.
• Strong team player.
• Clean Driving Licence.
• Knowledge of ThankQ or similar database and online communications tools is desirable.
Further information and a full job description is available here. Please send your CV and covering letter, highlighting how you meet the key skills and experience, to email@example.com by Monday 19 November 2018.
Interviews are likely to be in Glasgow on Wednesday 5th December 2018.
If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date you may conclude that you have not been short-listed for interview. As a charity we are unable to respond to all applications received due to the costs involved.