***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Job share (21 hours per week)
Maternity cover from for 52 weeks
Salary £13,600 pa
Poppyscotland provides life-changing support to our Armed Forces community. We reach out to those who have served, those still serving, and their families. At times of crisis and need we offer them vital practical advice, assistance and funding.
Poppyscotland is seeking a part-time, temporary PR & Marketing Co-ordinator to cover a period of maternity leave. Working on a job-share basis (21 hours per week) for up to 52 weeks, ideally Monday to Wednesday.
- Oversee the charity’s digital communication
- Manage the day to day social media activities for Poppyscotland, ensuring there is an appropriate mix and frequency of messages
- Monitor social media for mentions of Poppyscotland, responding and engaging as appropriate to ensure the charity’s reputation is upheld
- Develop online monitoring and analysis systems for Poppyscotland’s digital activities
- Ensure all website content and structures are optimized for online search engines
- Capture and edit video content of relevant Poppyscotland activities for use online
- Work with TRBL social media manager to share digital content and best practice between organisations where appropriate
- Provide IT support to end users, tenant charities and visitors to Poppyscotland’s premises as required in conjunction with the TRBL IT department and/or external IT support providers.
Key Skills/ Experience
Applications are encouraged from communication professionals who have experience managing websites and social media channels including Facebook, YouTube and Twitter. In addition you also require a sound understanding of PR & marketing. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills and have the ability to manage multiple, sometimes conflicting, priorities simultaneously. A good understanding of IT support is also desirable.
Further information and a full job description is available at http://www.poppyscotland.org.uk/about-us/current-vacancies/. Please send your CV and covering letter, highlighting how you meet the key skills and experience, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Thursday 29th November 2018.
Interviews are likely to be in Edinburgh on Monday 10th December 2018
If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date you may conclude that you have not been short-listed for interview. As a charity we are unable to respond to all applications received due to the costs involved.