***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Salary £23,800 to £25,470 – based in Edinburgh
Poppyscotland provides life-changing support to our Armed Forces community. We reach out to those who have served, those still serving, and their families. At times of crisis and need we offer them vital advice, assistance and funding.
Your main responsibility will be to develop, implement and grow supporter-led fundraising across the East of Scotland to meet financial targets and KPIs. You will recruit and support volunteers to ensure they have a great experience whilst fundraising for Poppyscotland. A critical part of this role is also to support our volunteer Poppy Appeal Area Organisers to maximise their local appeal totals.
Key Skills / Experience
- experience of delivering regional fundraising activities
- experience of recruiting, motivating, managing and developing volunteers undertaking fundraising activities
- experience of developing relationships across a wide range of external customers including individuals, groups and companies
- experience of using fundraising databases and spreadsheets
- experience of managing projects ensuring completion within budget and deadline
- excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to represent the organisation effectively to a wide range of external stakeholders and supporters with a positive and co-operative attitude
- a willingness to use initiative and take on responsibilities and challenges
- strong written communication skills with the ability to create innovative and persuasive presentations and proposals to a range of audiences
- good financial management skills including ability to budget forecast and report fundraising income and expenditure
- full, UK driving licence is essential
- knowledge of the local business sector and the military is desirable
Further information and Job Description is available from https://www.poppyscotland.org.uk/about-us/careers. If you are interested in this role please send your CV and covering letter, highlighting how you meet the key skills and experience, to email@example.com by Thursday 16 September 2021.
Interviews are likely to be 1 October 2021.
If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date you may conclude that you have not been short-listed for interview. As a charity we are unable to respond to all applications received due to the costs involved.