***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Location: Edinburgh and Home based
Contract: Permanent, Full Time, 35 hours per week
Salary: £25,813 – £27,288 per annum
Deadline: 22 May 2022
We have an exciting opportunity for a Poppy Appeal Organiser in our East region to contribute to the implementation and delivery of the Fundraising Department strategy by co-ordinating and managing the Scottish Poppy Appeal within a set geographical area – Shetland, Orkney, Morayshire, Aberdeen City, Aberdeenshire, Tayside, Angus, Dundee, Edinburgh, Fife, West Lothian, East Lothian, Midlothian, Borders, Clackmannanshire, Perth and Kinross
You will manage and support volunteer Area Organisers within the set geographical area to maximise the distribution of poppies and the income obtained from the Scottish Poppy Appeal
If successful you will be responsible or:
- Ensure all fundraising resources and materials are provided to Lady Haig’s Poppy Factory to fulfil the orders alongside the Poppy orders.
- To communicate effectively with volunteer Area Organisers within the set geographical area to ensure they follow agreed processes and procedures.
- To develop, implement and review all appropriate Scottish Poppy Appeal activities regularly to ensure they follow agreed processes and procedures.
- To recruit, liaise with and support Scottish Poppy Appeal Outlets in order to maximise income
- To manage the co-ordination and organisation of all financial accounting for Poppy Appeal collections within the set geographical area including the recovery of outstanding collections.
- To manage the distribution of Poppy Appeal materials within the set geographical area.
- To represent Poppyscotland in a professional way that ensures appropriate communication with our supporters and stakeholders ,
- To support and proactively develop quality supporter and stakeholder relationships
Poppyscotland provides life-changing support to our Armed Forces community which includes those who have served, those still serving, and their families. At times of crisis and need we offer them vital advice, assistance and funding.
As an inclusive employer, we welcome conversations on flexible working and any reasonable adjustments that may be required.
We believe that the compassion, understanding and service we show each, and every individual customer should be reflected in the way we all support, respect and include every individual who works with us.
To apply please email your CV along with a covering letter to email@example.com
Interviews are likely to be undertaken via Microsoft Teams.
If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date you may conclude that you have not been short-listed for interview. As a charity we are unable to respond to all applications received due to the costs involved.