Job title: Office Assistant (14 month Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship or similar)
Location: Working from home and the Fund’s offices in Buckinghamshire (Naphill and Marlow)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £12,000 per annum
The RAF Central Fund is a military charity dedicated to safeguarding the health and wellbeing of serving RAF personnel through the funding of sport and physical activities. Every year we deliver integral support to individuals, RAF Stations and Sports Associations through our grant funding programmes to enhance their time whilst serving.
Providing customer service and administrative support to all Fund departments the Office Assistant will work closely with the Operations Manager to ensure effective and efficient support is provided at all times. This role comprises of a mixture of practical work experiences and opportunities together with academic study, further details of the apprenticeship can be found on Key Training’s website.
Practical work will include:
- Acting as the main point of contact for the Fund
- Managing the Fund’s phones lines and shared inboxes for enquiries
- Supporting the organisation of events, business travel and accommodation
- Providing support with external supplier contracts
- Inputting data and collating reports on the CRM system
- Providing support to the Grants team including assisting with the processing and initial evaluation of grant applications.
- Assisting the Marketing and Finance departments.
This role profile is not exhaustive and is subject to review in conjunction with the post holder according to future developments in the charity.
- Possess a minimum of 5 GCSEs (grades 4 and above).
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Able to maintain confidentiality and deal with sensitive information.
- Dependable and reliable, able to keep calm and productive under pressure.
If you would like to discuss this apprenticeship opportunity or submit your application, please contact Karen Hansford, Operations Manager, at KHansford@rafcf.org.uk.