Full time, permanent contract, working 37 hours per week
Home based role with travel across South England
£32-35,000 per annum
Main purpose of job:
The role is key to further developing the RBLI brand in the South of England, particularly throughout the Armed Forces Community. The incumbent will act as a key enabler in establishing and delivering LifeWorks and LifeWorks Families in new and already secured locations across the region ensuring all aspects of these vital courses are well resourced in terms of facilities and beneficiary referrals.
This role is responsible for building, developing and maintaining relationships for RBLI with key stakeholders in the South of England. This will involve regular operational level liaison with Local Authorities, other Military Charities, MOD units and commercial organisations to support organisational growth and to build awareness of the work of the Armed Forces Employment Support Team.
• To build a network of Local Government, Charity and military contacts in the South of England in order to support enactment of the Community Covenant.
• To articulate the broad work of RBLI across the region with a particular emphasis on Employability skills training through the LifeWorks programmes.
• To develop opportunities to establish a robust referral system and maintain the link between Aylesford Head Office, other third sector organisations and local authorities to create a coherent support network.
• To establish new training locations and opportunities to deliver training (incl LifeWorks) across the South in support of RBLI’s strategy to increase the number of veteran beneficiaries.
• To support training in employability skills and associated areas as part of the Armed Forces Employment Support (AFTS) Team
• To establish commercial leads to generate additional opportunities for funding streams.
• To work with other RBLI Divisions to develop opportunities for additional delivery of RBLI products and services in support of delivering Social Value and the Armed Forces Covenant.
• To work with the wider team to ensure the best possible delegate experience whether this be through delivery of training or other elements including administration.
• To be prepared to undertake additional representational duties in support of RBLI’s activities as agreed with Head of AFES.
• Ability to build relationships and interact with new and established contacts
• Flexibility to travel independently across a wide geographical area
• Strong communication skills both written and oral and ability to use database platforms
• Reliable, well organised and with an ability to work to a specified time frame
• Structured and organised
• Adaptable and flexible
• Verbal communication including presentation and listening
• Structured and organised
• Problem solving and decision making
• Team player
• Client focus
Skills & Qualifications Required:
• Previous service in the Military and a sound understanding of the Military Charity sector
• Proven experience of managing stakeholders at senior levels
• Recent experience of delivering training to a mixed and complex audience
• Evidence of coaching / mentoring experience
• Full Clean Driving Licence
• Understanding of the key elements of the Armed Forces Covenant and its implementation
• Thorough understanding of issues affecting veterans
• Experience of working in a commercial environment
• Experience of working in the charity sector
• Possess or be prepared to work towards PTLLS or other appropriate qualification
Experience of designing a range of training workshops, including aspects of employability and motivation
RBLI offer 25 days holiday per annum pro rata, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to email@example.com
* RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date
Closing Date: Friday 29 November 2019