***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Full time, permanent contract, working 37 hours per week
Based in Aylesford, Kent with travel Salary: circa of £24,000 per annum
Main purpose of job:
This position is a key role within the Marketing Team and will lead on delivering design excellence and content creation to increase awareness and reach of RBLI to its customers, beneficiaries and wider support base.
This is an exciting role where you will be responsible for leading on all image creation, info-graphics images visual presentations and promotional material both digital and print. This role is also responsible for planning and generating content for all RBLI digital platforms, including concept creation and implementation for social media content, and commissioning content from third parties, ensuring that material reflects the tone, brand and strategic priorities of RBLI.
Key Responsibilities: Graphic Design
- Develop concepts, graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, and digital marketing activity
- Lead on the development, implementation and monitoring of house style and tone of voice guidelines and support their adoption across the organisation.
- Produce sales and marketing materials such as brochures, case studies, white papers, social media images and presentations
- Produce any other reasonable design tasks as requested by the Company
- Organise and attend events and exhibitions in their entirety: researching what to attend, responsibility for stand design and implementation, ensuring high visitor numbers and effective follow up.
- Prepare and undertake photo shoots.
- Carry out market research to assess demand, brand positioning and awareness and make recommendations for activity based on driving levels of impact.
- Lead on all social media content creation, including the development and implementation of social media plans to increase awareness and reach of RBLI, its activities and campaigns
- Manage external relationships freelancers, agencies and other external resources.
- Maintain a strategy to ensure output supports business delivery and provide regular reports as required by line management on strategy performance making recommendations where necessary to support with driving levels of impact and engagement.
- Act as Editor for internal and external publications and lead on content for similar projects, liaising with internal and external sources to create accurate content that engages and promotes the varied activities of RBLI.
- Offer advice and guidance to colleagues including senior management on content and brand matters.
- Support the wider marketing team by providing cover when necessary; e.g. responding to media enquiries; checking and responding to emails; monitoring and responding to messages on social media; collaborating on project work and substituting at meetings.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties consistent with the skills, abilities and position of the role, and other reasonable requests issued from management.
- This role will be office based with regular local and national travel
- Due to the nature of the role, flexible working and out of hours contact and monitoring may be required.
- Dynamic personality, you will have bags of initiative so you will bring creative ideas and novel approaches and be great at ‘opportunity spotting’.
- You will have a passion for detail, ‘right first time’, strong attention to detail.
- You will have a passion for marketing and a creative eye.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to thrive in an environment that works to deadlines.
- Commercial awareness and acumen.
- Can do attitude and willing to participate in all tasks.
- A strong team player
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and able to work independently on own initiative without undermining the team dynamics.
- A willingness and positive attitude towards flexibility and adaptability in work, including travel to other delivery sites when appropriate.
- Great multi-tasking capability.
- Able to work under pressure and meet copy deadlines.
Skills & Experience Required: Essential:
- Degree/HND in graphic design, marketing, communications, or related subject.
- Experience of developing and implementing engaging content for multichannel marketing
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a graphic design marketing role.
- Experience of developing or adapting content for audience segments.
- Experience of helping develop and embed brand guidelines.
- Strong typographic skills and attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of working to varied and challenging deadlines.
- Experience of preparing print-ready artwork
- Experience of liaising with external agencies
- Advanced operational knowledge of Adobe Creative suite, Photoshop, Illustrator and Microsoft Office suite (eg Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and relational databases in order to produce, manipulate and present information to diverse audiences.
- Design Qualification.
- Experience within the charity/ Third sector
- Experience of vector animation and competency in Adobe after Effects or similar Project Management experience
RBLI offer 25 days holiday allowance per annum, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org. RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.
* RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date NO AGENCIES
Closing Date: 31 August 2020