***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Contract: Permanent full time contract, based in Aylesford, Kent working 42.5 hours per week
Salary: £17,304 per annum
Main purpose of job:
This main focus is to keep the cells productive; the role will ensure that pallets are supplied to the cells as and when required and that repaired or sorted pallets are taken away and stored appropriately. The role of materials handler will also ensure that the shop floor is kept clear and free of used materials that are surplus, or waste material that needs to go to the shredder or the bin. The materials handler will also ensure that all raw materials are kept in a tidy and managed state.
- To keep the cells supplied with pallets, remove pallets and waste as required.
- To assist cell team members with any materials requirements, e.g. nails or tools required.
- To keep areas clean and free from waste materials, or left over product not being used. Remove all completed goods to the yard area waiting despatch or storage.
- To assist the Supervisor with collating information and daily target numbers.
- To comply with Health & Safety requirements and any company requirements that is relevant to your area or role.
- To comply with the quality assurance principles; meeting and exceeding your customer’s needs.
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Self motivated with good team ethics
- You will require Personal Protection Equipment, such as safety boots, goggles, gloves and ear defenders, which will be provided by your Manager – these must be worn at all times.
- Factory environment; will require working in a noisy and changeable environment.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Fork Lift Truck licence
- Basic numeracy and literacy
- Ability to anticipate cell needs
- Worked in a manufacturing role previously within a factory environment
- Wants to progress into junior management role
- Understands Lean and Continuous improvement working practises
- Understands 5S working methods
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to email@example.com.
RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date.
RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.