Permanent contract, various hours – days & Nights, full & part time based in Aylesford, Kent.
up to £15.00 per hour – days
up to £15.50 per hour – nights
Gavin Astor House is located within the Royal British Legion Village, is a high dependency nursing facility with 50 beds, providing 24 hour nursing care to Armed Forces Veterans and other people with physical disabilties.
Main Purpose of Job:
To provide and supervise the delivery of high standards of nursing care to residents in accordance with current evidence based professional practice, CQC requirements and Company policies.
To supervise and lead a multi-disciplinary shift team, supervising staff in all respects including orientation of new staff, training and development of care staff, organising and co-ordinating their duties, guiding, supporting, monitoring and evaluating staff performance
- To supervise the reception of new residents, ensuring that all appropriate documentation is completed on time and that the resident is orientated to their surroundings
- Assess the care needed to address the residents physical, psychological and social needs and draw up an appropriate care profile
- Evaluate the care needs, assessing the status of residents and ensuring that care profiles are kept up to date and accurate
- Plan, implement and evaluate nursing care in accordance with the residents needs
- Manage stocks of all supplies effectively and economically and ensure the timely ordering or replenishment stocks