***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Main Purpose of the Job:
To manufacture home and garden products to a high quality standard in order to meet customer specification whilst working to Health and Safety requirements at all times. To assist the Production Manager in achieving the departments daily and weekly targets. You will take an active role in implementing new manufacturing systems and procedures under the direction of the Production Manager and demonstrate initiative and leadership, working independently in order to assist the Production Manager with the daily running of the department.
Your Key Responsibilities:
• Construct a full range of home and garden products to specification by hand ensuring that the correct materials are used.
• To achieve and sustain minimum production output levels in line with relevant departmental KPI’s and production targets.
• To accurately set the workstations ready for production at the start of each new job.
• To make accurate jigs to assist with production.
• To maintain individual tools daily, to record and report any issues which impact on their function, and/or Health and Safety.
• To keep waste and damage of equipment and products to a minimum.
• Assist with the design of new products.
• Demonstrate leadership qualities assisting the Production Manager with the daily running of the department including supporting our beneficiaries, volunteers and less experienced employees.
• Ensure that relevant, timely and appropriate management information is provided according to requirement.
• Take initiative and solve problems in the absence of the Production Manager.
• To comply with Health & Safety/Covid-19 requirements and assist with the implementation of Company policy. The operative should be fully aware of how to operate tools and machinery correctly, how to use it effectively following company guidelines on user safety.
• Keep the work area clean, tidy and free from materials that are not required for the current or next job, ensuring all equipment and raw materials not in use are returned to their correct location.
• To assist the materials handler making sure that all unused materials, or waste material is stacked neatly.
• To comply with quality Assurance requirements and recording procedures. The operator must record and follow all lean manufacturing principles
• To assist with other tasks within Manufacturing Activities as requested by the Production Manager provided that appropriate training and guidance have been given to ensure capability.
• Good communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Able to lead and influence others as well as be an effective team player.
• Self-motivated and ability to work independently and on own initiative
• A ‘can do’ attitude
• Organised and able to prioritise tasks
• You will require Personal Protection Equipment, such as safety shoes, goggles and ear defenders which will be provided by your Manager – these must be worn at all times.
• Factory environment; will require working in a noisy and changeable environment.
Skills & Experience Required:
• Proven experience of working in a manufacturing role within a factory environment
• Experienced in working with Timber using a variety of hand tools and machines
• Competent in building jigs and setting production cells independently
• Able to work in a physically demanding environment
• Experienced and comfortable working in a fast paced, customer focused environment
• FLT license
• Pedestrian Pallet Truck License
Competitive annual leave + bank holidays, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org. RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.
* RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date
Closing Date: 31 May 2021