***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Belgravia, Greater London
£22,000 – £26,000 per year
RFEA – The Forces Employment Charity is looking for a highly motivated Development Officer to join its Development Team based in Victoria, Central London. The principal role will be to work closely with the Development Manager to research and identify new fundraising opportunities from trusts, foundations and companies and convert these into long term business relationships. The successful applicant will work within a dynamic Head Office team to produce high quality, bespoke proposals and reports to demonstrate impact and outcomes to help drive the existing and future delivery of RFEA across the UK. This is an outstanding opportunity for an ambitious and enthusiastic team player possessing sound bid writing skills to advance their career portfolio and enhance the vital delivery of a leading employment charity.
The successful applicant will be a self-starter with strong ability to work as part of a small and dynamic team working to finite deadlines and producing well written funding bids. Strong communication and organising skills are essential.
- To work closely with the Development Manager, developing and implementing the charity’s income development strategy.
- Develop, prepare and submit high quality funding applications to trusts in line with their requirements as part of the overall fundraising strategy and contribute to the achievement of the charity’s overall fundraising target.
- Identify new funding opportunities, including charities, trusts and foundations and corporate philanthropists and developing ideas into compelling applications.
- Support in the management of monthly reporting requirements and demonstrate impact and outcomes according to grant agreements.
- Record all activities using the RFEA Salesforce CRM database.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy in preparing proposals
- A highly motivated, supportive and collaborative team worker
- Engaging personality with excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proactive and professional approach to work, with the ability to work independently and manage a varied workload and prioritise effectively
- Highly effective communication skills
- Empathy with Armed Forces personnel and an understanding of the challenges they face in finding appropriate and sustainable employment; including vulnerable or disadvantaged individuals.
- Degree educated (not essential)
- Strong ability to plan ahead and manage multiple priorities effectively
- Experience in supporting and managing research grant applications (not essential)
- Excellent IT skills preferably including experience of working with a CRM database (Salesforce) – Training opportunities will be available as part of your role.
- This is a Full-Time position (35 Hours Per Week). A competitive salary package £22,000 to £26,000 depending on experience including attractive employee benefits.
To apply, please submit a Covering Letter and CV. Closing date for this position is midnight 21 November 2019.