***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
£26,000 to £27,500
RFEA is looking for a highly motivated Employment Advisor (Community) to join its Career Transition Partnership (CTP) Future Horizons team in Edinburgh. The principal role will be to provide high quality vocational advice and guidance to people leaving the UK Armed Forces to ensure they find appropriate and sustainable employment.
The successful applicant will have an impressive track record of delivering high quality employment support and guiding and advising people from all age groups. They will have a strong customer focus and be capable of working independently to targets and deadlines. Strong communication and organising skills, knowledge of the local employment market, training and adult education opportunities are essential. NVQ Level 4 in Information, Advice & Guidance is highly desirable.
- Manage a caseload of referred Early Service Leavers (ESL) and ‘At Risk’ Service Leaver (SL) clients who have settled in the relevant regional area.
- In accordance with the CTP Future Horizons CCMP, provide careers, training and employment advice and guidance to referred individuals – to include information on:
- Personal development opportunities and preferred employment outcome.
- Local training opportunities.
- Local/regional job prospects.
- Work remotely with ESLs and referred “At Risk” SLs to agree individual resettlement and career plans including:
- Advice on career choices (including use of MyPlan tool and Plotr).
- Guidance in the development of a CV and preparation for interviews (using MyPlan).
- Advice on job searching (including use of RightJob).
- Job-matching with vacancies identified by the CTP’s RightJob and CST Client Advisors.
- Continued needs assessment if required to identify vulnerability.
- Ensure any employment, training and vocational opportunities sourced are fed into the affiliated regional Employer Relationship Manager (ERM) to ensure a joined up, seamless CTP employer engagement approach.
- As required, provide in work support to ensure individual employment outcomes are sustainable.
- Work with the CTP Future Horizons Consortium and affiliated partners (inc local housing, welfare, and Veterans Welfare Service) to put in place referral routes and support plans for ESLs and referred “At Risk” SLs with complex multi-faceted challenges.
- Liaise with the Central Support Team (CST) staff on a regular basis regarding ESL and referred “At Risk” SL information and process.
- Work with CTP Employment staff to effectively deliver, further develop and market the CTP Future Horizons programme within and outside the CTP construct.
- When required, remotely interview ESLs referred to programme, assessing any immediate risks, providing information about the benefits of the programme and encourage them to opt in.
- Conduct an initial needs assessment (remotely) on each individual referred, in accordance with the programmes CCMP.
- Identify, engage, broker and liaise with the relevant support agencies within the CTP Future Horizons Consortium when immediate risks are identified.
- Agree a personal communications plan and preferred methodology for future contact with the referred individual.
- Ensure all progarmme consent forms are signed and understood by referred individuals.
This is a Full Time Permanent position (35 Hours Per Week). A Competitive Salary package of £26,000 to £27,500 plus benefits depending on experience. Job satisfaction is guaranteed.
To apply, please submit a Covering Letter and CV. Closing date for this position is Midnight Thursday 5th July 2018. Interviews are scheduled to be held on 24th/25th July 2018.
Successful candidates will be required to undertake Enhanced Disclosure Barring Service checks and a Ministry of Defence security clearance, which requires applicants to have been resident in the UK for the last 5 years.