***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
£26,000 – £27,500 per year
RFEA is looking for a highly motivated Employment Advisor (Community) to join its Career Transition Partnership (CTP) Future Horizons team in the South East. The principal role will be to provide high quality vocational advice and guidance to people leaving the UK Armed Forces to ensure they find appropriate and sustainable employment.
The successful applicant will have an impressive track record of delivering high quality employment support and guiding and advising people from all age groups. They will have a strong customer focus and be capable of working independently to targets and deadlines. Strong communication and organising skills, knowledge of the local employment market, training and adult education opportunities are essential. Experience or knowledge in using a Client Relationship Management System is essential. NVQ Level 4 in Information, Advice & Guidance is highly desirable. The applicant must hold a full UK driving licence and have sole access to a vehicle.
- Manage a caseload of referred Early Service Leavers (ESL) and ‘At Risk’ Service Leaver (SL) clients who have settled in the relevant regional area.
- Work to and exceed the KPI set for the CTP contract.
- In accordance with the CTP Future Horizons Client Case Management Overview (CCMO), provide careers, training and employment advice and guidance to referred individuals.
- Work remotely with ESLs and referred “At Risk” SLs to agree individual resettlement and career plans including.
- Ensure any employment, training and vocational opportunities sourced are fed into the affiliated regional Employer Relationship Manager (ERM) to ensure a joined up, seamless CTP employer engagement approach.
- As required, provide in work support to ensure individual employment outcomes are sustainable.
- Work with the CTP Future Horizons Consortium and affiliated partners (including local housing, welfare, and Veterans Welfare Service) to put in place referral routes and support plans for
- ESL and referred “At Risk” SLs with complex multifaceted challenges. Liaise with the Central Support Team (CST) staff on a regular basis regarding ESL and referred “At Risk” SL information and process.
- Work with CTP Employment Staff to effectively deliver, further develop and market the CTP Future Horizons programme within and outside the CTP construct.
- When required, remotely interview ESLs referred to the programme, assessing any immediate risks, providing information about the benefits of the programme and encourage opt in.
- Conduct an initial needs assessment (remotely) on each individual referred, in accordance with the programmes CCMO.
- Identify, engage, broker and liaise with the relevant support agencies within the CTP Future Horizons Consortium when immediate risks are identified.
- Agree a personal communications plan with the client.
- Ensure all programme consent forms are signed and understood by referred individuals.
- This is a ‘ Home Based in the South East’ Full Time Permanent position (35 Hours Per Week). A Competitive Salary package of £26,000 to £27,500 plus benefits depending on experience.
- Job satisfaction is guaranteed.
To apply, please submit a Covering Letter and CV. Closing date for this position is midnight 21 November 2019. Interviews are likely to be held during the week commencing 25 November 2019.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure Barring Service check and a Ministry of Defence security clearance application, which requires applicants to have been resident in the UK for the last 5 years.