***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
RFEA are looking for a highly motivated self-starter with knowledge of the Armed Forces and Ex-Services charity network and the ability to understand the challenges more vulnerable veterans must overcome, particularly those who have entered the Criminal Justice System. This person will be home based (ideally Warrington) travelling extensively around the Warrington, Manchester and Liverpool region to provide face to face support to veterans within the CFO4 Activity Hub Programme and to coordinate and deliver a range of specific activities with the Lead Provider staff.
Project Nova is a support programme for Veterans primarily identified in Police Custody but also with referrals from core police and partner organisations from within the community, it is focussed on early intervention, support and diversion at point of contact with the Police or partner organisation in order to prevent re-offending and a potential prison sentence. Project Nova is jointly delivered by RFEA and WWTW and working in partnership with the NHS Liaison and Diversion Teams, Police custody suites, Police response officers, HMPPS and partners within the community.
The successful applicant for this role will be highly motivated, have a track record of delivering high quality results, with a strong beneficiary focus and be capable of working remotely to targets and deadlines. Strong communication, IT and organisational skills are essential along with mentoring and coaching skills. Experience & knowledge of the criminal justice system, local government agencies and the ability to develop a network of contacts are also required. Will have a strong commitment to working with each veteran equitably and without prejudice, including those who are arrested for violent or sexual offences. Must have a clean driving licence.
NVQ Level 4 in Advice and Guidance or training will be provided for the right applicant along with a good understanding of the employment market and vocational training are highly desirable.
- Together with Lead Provider staff, coordinate and deliver a range of specific activities to both groups and one to one sessions.
- Engage veterans with the CFO4 Activity Hub Programme.
- Deliver the activities required in the Activity Hub Specification.
- Work with partner organisations to support the delivery of core activities in line with the contractual requirements, engaging with local organisations to allow participants to make worthwhile contributions to their local community.
- Optimise the delivery of Activities which are separately billed as part of the Hub Activity Programme.
- Ensure that all activity is recorded as required by the contract.
- Deliver any further activities reasonably required by the CFO Programme Manager, the Nova National Manager and RFEA The Forces Employment Charity.
This role is ‘Home Based’ around the Warrington area with a requirement to travel to hubs in Warrington, Liverpool and Manchester, 35 hours per week with a starting salary of £26,000 rising to £27,500 after six months plus additional employee benefits.
To apply please submit a covering letter and applicable CV. The closing date is 2 June 2021. Interviews will take place in mid June for an immediate start date where possible.
Applicants will be required to undertake an Enhance DBS Disclosure and Police Vetting.