A highly challenging and rewarding key management position has become available within RFEA to manage ‘CTP Assist’, a key programme within the MOD’s Career Transition Partnership (CTP) Resettlement provision. The role is to manage and lead a nationwide team to deliver an effective, personalised employment case-working service to HM Forces clients, including those wounded, injured and sick personnel during their transition from the Services.
The successful candidate must have a strong track record of managing a diverse team across the UK and have the ability to deliver defined employment outcomes against demanding targets. A proven ability to communicate effectively with officials and executives in the public and private sectors and manage high level stakeholder relationships is essential. The incumbent must also exhibit strong personal and professional judgement to confidently manage and mitigate risk within the programme.
The role requires travel to Andover and Aldershot, RAF Personnel Recovery Unit (PRU) in High Wycombe, Royal Navy PRU in Plymouth and various Army PRUs across the UK.
- Direct line management of regionally based Specialist Employment Consultants.
- Deliver a service that ensures CTP Assist Service Leavers and Veterans within 2 years of discharge obtain appropriate vocational case-working support .
- Manage and own the CTP Assist CCMP ensuring compliance.
- Owner of CTP relationships with Commanding Officers of the PRUs, the Personnel Recovery Centres and RBLI Vocational Assessment (VA) staff.
- Ensure the delivery model maximizes the delivery of Preferred Vocational Outcomes (PVOs) at the point of discharge.
- Provide the monitoring and reporting capacity against the Service Leaver demand from single Service loading mechanisms.
- Produce appropriate data and reports on the pathway for Quality Assurance.
- CTP lead on the recovery/resettlement interface. Responsibilities include representing CTP at key Defence meetings and act as the CTP SME on recovery/resettlement policy interface.
- Define the requirement for employment related opportunities to meet vocational needs.
- Monitor and quality assure suitability of employment opportunities generated by Specialist Employment Consultants and liaise closely with Employer Engagement Manager.
- Market the purpose of CTP Assist to external organisation’s to enhance opportunities.
- Coordinate employment aspects of the CTP Assist provision with other supporting military charities and Government departments.
Personal Specification (Essential):
- Proven ability to lead and manage a diverse team spread across the UK working with a complex client cohort in a complex and uncertain operating environment.
- Motivated self-starter with ability to work unsupervised leading a multi-disciplinary team.
- Proven ability to deliver outcomes in accordance with demanding performance targets.
- Empathy with and a good understanding of Armed Forces personnel and the challenges they face in finding appropriate and sustainable employment; particularly those in the Defence Recovery Capability space.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to initiate and manage high-level and influential external relationships.
- Ability to communicate confidently with managers and officials in the private and public sectors of employment.
- Clean driving licence and exclusive use of a car.
This is a permanent ‘Home Based’ role requiring 37 hours per week with a very competitive salary and employment benefits.
To apply please submit a covering letter and applicable CV. The closing date is 23 May 2021. Interviews will take place in June for a start in June/July.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a Ministry of Defence security clearance check which requires applicants to have been resident in the UK for over 5 years. There is also a requirement for an Enhanced Disclosure Barring Service check.