***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
£32,000 – £35,000 per year
Contract, Initial 12 month contract with options to extend, Full-time
RFEA The Forces Employment Charity exists to provide life-long, life-changing support, job opportunities, and training to service leavers, veterans, reservists and their families, irrespective of circumstances, rank, length of service, or reason for leaving. Founded in 1885 and operating across the UK, we have the specialist knowledge and understanding to bridge the gap between military life and civilian employment. We work in partnership with other organisations and employers who, like us, respect and value the unique qualities and abilities of all those who have served. Our vision is a UK where all veterans and their partners lead fulfilling working lives.
We are looking for a highly motivated and skilled Salesforce Developer to lead the ongoing development of the charity’s Salesforce NPSP deployment. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a strong and proven background in Salesforce development, systems design and configuration. This role will be required to design appropriate solutions for new projects as they arise and work alongside third parties as appropriate to deliver successful implementations.
Working from either our London or Birmingham offices, the successful candidate will be responsible for development recommendations, configuration and solutions that provide services to our management team, staff, clients, and key stakeholders. The Salesforce Developer will ensure that development standards are delivered in line with RFEAs digital transformation strategic objectives.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as primary system developer for the Salesforce environment
- Collaborating with the Salesforce Administrator to validate business requirements and any considerations (security, scalability, limits)
- Develop Apex (classes, triggers and flow), Visualforce, (based on specific requirements) to extend Salesforce in order to support business requirements
- Custom User Interface development, including Visualforce pages/Lightning pages, and Lightning Web Components
- Integrations: Use Salesforce APIs to integrate with other systems used in the charity
- Assist with each release cycle to implement and deploy new/updates to existing applications and code
- Ensure all changes are adopted and embedded by clearly communicating and documenting the changes with/ for all relevant users
- Coordinate the evaluation, scope and completion of new development requests
- Work with our Compliance Manager to establish suitable processes to support administrative, development, and change management activities
- Able to deliver end-to-end configuration and change management of the system when improvements are implemented
- Manage delivery of work products by external contractors for large-scale implementations of new functionality
- Assist in training of new users and grow the Salesforce skill set across the charity
- A self-starter open to learn and implement best practice development from the team. This role comes with the opportunity to absorb knowledge and grow as a developer.
- Excellent project management skills and a positive attitude
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritise simultaneous requests, and manage laterally and upwards
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Must demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Must demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the charity
- Ability to critically evaluate information and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs of the charity
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on Salesforce and all upstream and downstream applications, systems and processes
- Certified Salesforce Platform Developer I
- Proven ability to design and implement new processes and facilitate user adoption
- Strong understanding of the platform, with the ability to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity
- Motivated self-starter with ability to work cooperatively within an integrated team dedicated to achieving successful outcomes
- Strong understanding of Salesforce best practices and functionality
- Strong data management abilities
- A documented history of successfully driving projects to completion
- A demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex requirements
- Experience with non-profit processes
- Empathy for those who have served in the armed forces
This role is ‘full time’ 35 hours per week on a 12 month fixed term contract (with possible options to extend) and a starting salary of £32,000 rising to £35,000 after a six month probationary period, plus additional employee benefits.
To apply please submit a covering letter and applicable CV. Applicants are asked to provide their ‘trailblazer.me’ profile link within their application. The closing date is 26 August 2021. Interviews will take place in early September for an immediate start where possible.
Successful candidates will be required to undertake Ministry of Defence security clearance check which requires applicants to have been resident in the UK for over 5 years.