***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
An exciting full time 12 month fixed term position with the opportunity to become permanent has arisen within the Employment and Education Team here at RMA – The Royal Marines Charity.
As the Employment and Development Co-ordinator, you will be responsible for growing and maintaining working relationships that benefit all early service leavers, compulsory discharged, veterans and spouses.
With a primary focus to link all eligible candidates to a valid employer and or training provider, therefore creating either long term employment opportunities and or training/upskilling, you will also offer ongoing support to both candidate and employer/training provider.
- Create and manage relationships with employers at a local and national level, building strong working foundations with all employers and training providers, whilst managing expectations regarding our candidate base
- Educate employers on the transferrable skills and benefits of employing Royal Marines.
- Work with employers to deliver work experience opportunities to Royal Marines in resettlement.
- Deliver unbiased, fact-based Careers Information Advice and Guidance in line with the appropriate industry best-practice guidelines on a one-to-one basis to vulnerable leavers being compulsorily discharged, as well as vulnerable veteran Royal Marines
- Signpost all non-eligible candidates to the appropriate partners
- Assist candidates in understanding their transferrable skills, motivations and personal qualities and how to present these to a potential employer
- Assess and recommend potential career paths based on the above information.
- Assist candidates in identifying relevant training and qualifications and advise on selection of training provider
- Advise candidates in the production of CVs, covering letters and written applications
- Support candidates in preparing for networking events and interviews
- Represent the Employment and Education team and wider charity at networking and other employability events
- Capture and distribute suitable employment opportunities for Royal Marines, focusing on early service leavers/compulsorily discharged and veterans
- Act as a broker between the candidate and employer when an employment application has been submitted.
- Track all candidates in work for a minimum of 12 months after start date as well as offering continued support to the employer.
- Create and maintain accurate records on all platforms for candidates and contacts in line with current GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) legislation
- Produce accurate data for external reporting
- Manage the Employment and Education jobs board, submitting all adverts in standardised format
- Collaborative and adaptive work to support all functions of the Employment and Education team
- Support the wider charity when needed in events and weekend support. Time off in lieu will be given
- Knowledge of the current employment sector
- Compliance driven
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A desire to work as part of a team and deliver results
- Comfortable with autonomy
- A desire to grow and develop business relationships in focused employment sectors
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Demonstrable working knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook. Adaptable to learning new CRM system and confident with data inputting for KPIs.
- Adaptable and engaging team player who has a drive to deliver results in a calm and conscientious manner
- Proven understanding of GDPR and other relevant legislation
- Knowledge of Enhanced Learning Credit Scheme (ELCS)
- Knowledge of the Royal Marines including specialist qualifications (SQs) and hierarchy
- Confident with all social media platforms and willing to take control of sharing all relevant information
- 1 Year Fixed Term. With the opportunity to become a permanent member of the team.
- Monday to Friday 8:30AM to 4:30PM
- Office-based at CTCRM Lympstone
- 25K per annum.
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays.
Interviews will be taking place on the 6 October 2021
We aim to inform all candidates of the outcome of their application within 1 week of the closing date.