***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Location: HQ Air Command, RAF High Wycombe/Clare Charity Centre, Saunderton/RAF Central Fund Danesfield, Marlow (due to the location of the Fund’s offices this position would be best suited to a driver).
Hours: 22.5 hours per week
Salary: up to £25,000 pro-rata
The Digital Communications Coordinator will work with the Communications team to develop the RAF Central Fund (‘the Fund’) website and digital media platforms to support the ongoing evolution of the Fund’s brand visibility to better communication the work of the Fund to internal and external stakeholders. The Coordinator will be responsible for developing, updating and creating content on the RAF Central Fund (‘the Fund’) website and other digital media platforms and managing day-to-day interactions with supporters.
Social Media, Website & Digital Communication Platforms
- Daily management of social media communications with supporters and interested parties, building relationships with existing supporters and beneficiaries online.
- Manage all day to day activity across social media channels, website and online marketing tools including monitoring and reporting of digital media activity.
- Support the Head of Communications to develop digital media strategies and resources.
- Assist the Communications and Fundraising Coordinator to develop and manage audio and video uploads and channels.
- Work with key internal and external stakeholders to produce effective digital content to grow audiences, increase engagement and ensure a consistent tone and creative presence to the Funds online profile.
- Manage end to end email process, from data segments, scheduling and production to evaluation.
- Produce effective digital advertising content in line with strategic direction.
- Photo editing of images from projects, beneficiaries and supporters using specialist software.
- Identify and report opportunities and threats to Head of Communications for appropriate action planning
Lottery & Fundraising Promotion
- Liaising with the Office Manager to ensure that Lottery winners’ stories are creatively promoted via digital media.
- Assisting the Communications & Fundraising Coordinator to ensure accurate and compliant communications are shared for promotion of the Lottery.
- Support the Communications team with implementation and promotion of fundraising campaigns.
- Ensure compliance with the Fund’s policies and procedures in all aspects of work.
- Ensure GDPR and other relevant legislation is adhered to across the communications team.
- Undertake other duties as may be reasonable required in support of the Fund’s objectives as required and any other duties identified by the Head of Communications.
This role profile is not exhaustive and is subject to review in conjunction with the post holder according to future developments in the Fund.
- Excellent working knowledge of digital media, online engagement and analytics (preferably within the charitable sector).
- A problem-solving approach to tasks and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent written communication skills in producing relevant and engaging content for a range of audiences.
- Proof reading skills and high attention to detail.
- Excellent IT software skills.
- Ability to build rapport quickly and to understand the requirements of a diverse range of stakeholder groups.
- Ability to gather information and summarise to present to varying audiences.
- Planning and organisational skills.
- A sense of personal accountability to deliver on your commitments is vital. A self-starter with ability to work independently with minimal time management.
- Ability to manage a varied workload against deadlines and agreed timetables.
- Able to travel and stay away from home (with notice).
- Dependable and reliable, able to keep calm and productive under pressure.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Knowledge of the Armed Forces environment.
- Working knowledge of website development and design.
- Experience in photography and video production (including editing of content).
- A strong interest in design and experience with creative software packages.
- Experience in Lottery Marketing and Promotion.
If you have the relevant experience required and are interested in this superb opportunity, please submit your CV and a covering letter to KHansford@rafcf.org.uk.