***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Application closing date 07/06/2018
Location South East Midlands
Salary £9,883.80 per annum (19,767.60 pro rata)
Package Permanent. 25 days pro rata annual leave pro plus bank holidays, Employee Assistance Helpline, Life Assurance. Voluntary
Benefits: Childcare Vouchers, Group Pension Plan Job category/type Welfare & Advice Job description
About The Royal British Legion
The Legion is at the heart of a national network that supports our Armed Forces community through thick and thin – ensuring their unique contribution is never forgotten. We’ve been here since 1921 and we’ll be here as long as they need us.
Our Values and Behaviours
Does the following describe you?
- A desire to provide a great customer service and support
- Enjoy and thrive in working in teams and with others
- Passionate about supporting the Armed Forces community and honouring their contribution
- Come to work each day to be the best you can and to learn and develop
- An encourager, eager to share your knowledge and experience to help others
If so then we would like you hear from you….
As an Advice and Information Officer, you will be involved in supporting the Area’s Pop-In Centre in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire and setting up and attending community events both at the Pop In Centre and in Beds/ Herts. You will be working to develop a team of committed volunteers to provide advice and information about all aspects of the Legion’s work. In addition, you will be expected to set up and deliver Outreach sessions in locations across Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire. You will also develop partnerships with external services to support the Armed Forces Community.