***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Application closing date 05/08/2018
Location West Midlands
Salary £25,711 per annum
Package Permanent. 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, Employee Assistance Helpline, Life Assurance
Voluntary Benefits Childcare Vouchers, Group Pension Plan
Job category/type Gardening & Landscaping
About The National Memorial Arboretum
The Arboretum is the UK’s year-round centre of Remembrance and part of The Royal British Legion. Home to over 350 memorials, including the nationally-important Armed Forces Memorial, it remembers the service and sacrifice of those who have served and continue to serve our country. The 150-acre site features around 30,000 maturing trees and an abundance of wildlife. Each year the Arboretum welcomes around 300,000 visitors, many of whom attend one of the 200+ events which take place across the site.
In March 2017, the National Memorial Arboretum formally opened its new award-winning Remembrance Centre.
Our Values and Behaviours
Does the following describe you?
– A desire to provide great customer service
– Enjoy and thrive in working in teams and with others
– Passionate about supporting the ongoing development of the Arboretum
– Come to work each day to be the best you can and to learn and develop
– An encourager, eager to share your knowledge and experience to help others
If so then we would like you hear from you….
Against this exciting backdrop, the Arboretum is looking for a Arboretum Grounds & Gardens Team Leader, who under the general guidance and direction of the Arboretum Curator, will be responsible for the day to day operations of the grounds staff and help maintain and develop the future of the arboretum.
Reporting to the Arboretum Curator the key responsibilities include
– To deliver the maintenance, conservation and practical management of the arboretum’s grounds, gardens and woodland compartments to the highest standard throughout the year.
– To carry out appropriate tree and vegetation surveys and produce results and findings in a format, which will assist with the development of the landscape and the woodland compartments of the arboretum.
– To lead and work with the arboretum’s grounds volunteers on the arboretum’s working week-ends, working one in four week-ends.
– To oversee, maintain machinery and appropriate equipment checks, prioritize workloads, take responsibility and where necessary and appropriate actively assist with the day to day operational requirements of the grounds and gardens.
-To assist in the development of the arboretums grounds staff and appointed contractors to ensure that they carry out their duties in a safe, efficient and caring manner.
– Assist in the maintenance and administration of the arboretum’s tree and memorials collections management system, which is currently being developed.
The successful candidate must be prepared to work weekends, bank holidays as required.
Job Description: Click Here
Closing date for this role is 5th August 2018