***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Application closing date 30/01/2018
Location West Midlands Salary£26,000 per annum
Package25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, Employee Assistance Helpline, Life Assurance. Voluntary Benefits: Childcare Vouchers, Group Pension Plan
Job category/type Fundraising
About The National Memorial Arboretum
The Arboretum is the UK’s year-round centre of Remembrance and part of The Royal British Legion. Home to over 350 memorials, including the nationally-important Armed Forces Memorial, it remembers the service and sacrifice of those who have served and continue to serve our country. The 150-acre site features around 30,000 maturing trees and an abundance of wildlife. Each year the Arboretum welcomes around 300,000 visitors, many of whom attend one of the 200+ events which take place across the site.
In March 2017, the National Memorial Arboretum formally opened its new award-winning Remembrance Centre.
Our Values and Behaviours
Does the following describe you?
- A desire to provide great customer service
- Enjoy and thrive in working in teams and with others
- Passionate about supporting the on-going development of the Arboretum
- Come to work each day to be the best you can and to learn and develop
- An encourager, eager to share your knowledge and experience to help others
If so then we would like you hear from you ….
The Arboretum is looking for a successful and dynamic Fundraising Officer who can drive annual giving across a range of appeals and platforms. Reporting to the Head of Marketing, key responsibilities include:
- Leading on direct mail and online annual fundraising appeals.
- Investigating new ways of giving and manage new opportunities for giving.
- Working with senior Arboretum staff and volunteers to develop and build relationships with annual funders.
- Developing the quality of donor data held and maximise giving from existing supporters.
- Assisting with preparation of high level bids to individual, trust, corporate and statutory funding sources.
- Under the guidance of the Head of Fundraising develop legacy giving.
- Working closely with Arboretum events team to deliver memorable supporter events.
- Planning, managing and reviewing all fundraising outreach activity.
The successful candidate must have proven fundraising experience including direct-mail, membership based and person to person fundraising. Good interpersonal and communication skills are essential. Attendance and delivery of events outside normal working hours will be required and the ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload will be essential.